• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 65 lbs. Soft lead ingots

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back with some more lead. This was all sheet lead, really ugly old stuff so I melted it into ingots.

There's 26 ingots totalling 65 lbs. 9 oz. The box and the tape added a full pound to it so you know it's taped good. Most of them are packed inside a smaller box and taped up, then I put 6 or 7 on the outside of the smaller box with some bubble wrap and taped the hell out of it.

I used a set of artists pencils to get an idea of the hardness of these and the 6B pencil easily scratches these with light pressure, the 5B digs in much more so I would estimate this somewhere around 6-7 BH. These scratch/dent easily and make a dull thud sound when dropped on concrete. Should work great for most muzzleloading needs, though since I can't give an exact BH, it would be up to you to determine if it would be suitable for miniès and such, though I believe it would be.

$130 shipped USPS Priority to your door within the U.S. PayPal friends and family or Venmo preferred for payment. If this is bought tonight I'll ship it off first thing in the morning. Thanks! -Justin

- I should've got a better picture before I boxed them up, it doesn't really show them all, it's more than it looks like in the pic.

20210507_175014.jpg
20210507_180951.jpg

That looks like some really good soft lead. The pencil tests are a good way to test the softness. I have bought a few batches of lead from Justin and they are always what he says they are. They weigh right and they are good soft lead. I saw a report on here that indicated that they might be harder than advertised and that simply is not the case. I have tested the batches that I received with the artist pencil set and a commercial hardness tester. The commercial tester is quite accurate and substantiates the readings found with the pencils. I bought my lead after the critical post, so I was really careful to evaluate it. I found it to be exactly as advertised if not better. The weights are accurate and the lead is qood quality. It's really hard to find good soft lead for sale. There is too much of it that has been hardened in some manner. I am glad to have what I got from Justin and will buy more from him in the future.

Thank you for the kind words @mustanger! I'm always as honest as I can be. If there's ever a problem it won't be because I'm being deceitful. I'm not Rotometals, I'm just a guy with a pair of tin snips, a 4 lb. mallet, and a desire to earn a few extra bucks so my wife doesn't kill me for spending too much $ on muzzleloading! Thanks again, you've become a good friend. :thumb: -Justin

Ok, I'll bite,, $100, no more.
It's ok to turn me down,, I'll just go to rotometals(?)(they don't need pencils)

And lastly, of course he's honest. Too many of us already know where he lives! ;)
lol
That and the threat of the entire local American Postal Workers Union showing up with pitchforks and torches is barely worth $2/lb and the hernia surgery he's been flirting with since I got here a month and half ago.

There never was a question in my mind about Justin's honesty. He's a straight up and decent person. That postal hernia business tickled me. My postal carrier gives me the evil eye every time I get a lead package. I have to meet him at delivery and unload my lead package from his car to keep me off his hate list. Ha!

That postal hernia business tickled me. My postal carrier gives me the evil eye every time I get a lead package. I have to meet him at delivery and unload my lead package from his car to keep me off his hate list. Ha!
I got 60# from Jason some time back. The PO guy was P.O'd and set the package on the fender of the Jeep rather than carry it 10 more feet to the porch. Got the impression he doesn't want me ordering more lead. :)

Our postal lady left mine in the circle drive sideways in her white usps mail basket. Just opened up the hatch and rolled it right into the gravel I guess. Mine was nice,soft sheet lead and pipes, another happy customer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back