• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

62cal hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the color on your stock, what did you use on it? Don't know if you did it on purpose, but your rear sight is backwards.

I would be careful with patching like that, better to use just round patching.
Those are daisy cut patches and work very well. October Country Muzzleloading makes them.

Like the color on your stock, what did you use on it? Don't know if you did it on purpose, but your rear sight is backwards.

I would be careful with patching like that, better to use just round patching.
What's wrong with the patch? I see that it is much like a clover. I sometimes use square or irregular patches. Please clarify.

There's really nothing wrong with the daisy-cut patch other than it's a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist. The theory holds that the daisy petals form better around the circumference of the ball than a bunched up round patch. In practice there is no significant if any performance improvement over a round or square cut patch that is sized to fill the space between the ball and the barrel.

Back