• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

. 62 trade guns available in canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlan22

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all, just curious if any one has any leads on a .62 smooth bore trade gun up here in canada. Preferably not one of the ones from heritage or loyalist arms. Missed a chance on one on CGN a awhile back, still kicking myself over that.
Thanks in advance,

Hope someone shares a moose hunting story using a .62. That caliber should knock the snot outa moose.....Shot many w/t deer w/ .62. Impressive cal. , should build another just to shoot at the range...oldwood

Best i can do is this cow moose i took with a 54 flintlock i built. PRB at 85 yards.
FB_IMG_1567826157768.jpg

Outlan22.......Thanks for the reply. Beautiful moose meat you have there. .....As a young guy , made about ten trips to Quebec fishing in 1950's to early 1970's. Had three close scrapes w/moose in the bush and they always seemed like they were not happy to have me around. Cranky beggars and just BIG. My 14 year old buddy and I had the brilliant idea of trying to get some 8 mm film footage of a bull in a lily pad flat on a lake. Just like clock work , the bull showed up on time and we were waiting for him. I was good w/the outboard motor , and my buddy was on the camera. Water shoaled off to about 4 to 5 feet deep where we cut the motor and coasted in to see Mr. Moose . He tolerated our presence for about 30 seconds , then the fun began , or should I suggest terror. He came after us at a dead run in the deep water and luckily the motor started on the first pull. We escaped by yards , and his majesty finally ran into deep enough water he quit his mission. The developed film footage had a short string of placid bull moose feeding on lily pad roots , then water flying and the camera pointed at the sky , shore line , and boat seats. Oh well , we tried. I'm too old to think of a moose hunt now , and what the heck would I do w/ all that meat??? Thanks again...........oldwood

Never to old to think of a moose trip Oldwood, just need a few youngsters to help out is all. Lord knows i am past the point of being able to quarter and toss a moose into the back of the truck by myself, no i just cut it into more manageable sizes.

Outlan222........One more moose story , and no more.......The lake in Quebec we used to fish had a good number of moose to be seen around it , so my crazy uncle and his buddy Doc got the idea on going back in moose season to get one for the meat. Uncle was frequently long on ideas , and short on planning. Times were tough here in the Pa. coal region in the 1950's and the only transport uncle had was a small British car called a Morse Minor. About VW bug size. Uncle and friend Doc go to Quebec and kill a moose , load the carcass on top the Morse for the 12 hour trip home to Pa.. All was well until 'bout half way between Toronto and Buffalo N.Y.. A bump was hit and the roof caved in from the weight of the moose carcass on top. Trip got dicey then 'cause driver and passenger had to ride w/ windows down 8 hrs. with heads out the windows the rest of the trip home . I never got to see the hard earned trophy Moose , or the Morse ever again. Knowing all the family dynamics in play here , I can't stop laughing..........oldwood

Hey all, just curious if any one has any leads on a .62 smooth bore trade gun up here in canada. Preferably not one of the ones from heritage or loyalist arms. Missed a chance on one on CGN a awhile back, still kicking myself over that.
Thanks in advance,
There is a “Chiefs grade musket” on CGN right now. Not sure of the maker and doesn’t appear correct judging by the side plate and guard. Also I know of one in Edmonton but the fellow is asking $1200. Not sure how much you wish to spend?
Walk

Had a look at the other one on CGN, noticed the side plate and guard as well and passed on it. As for price, for the one in Edmonton is little high for me, practically the cost of a new pedersoli. Have looked at the sites down south, but the difference in pesos is a factor.
Outlan

There is a “Chiefs grade musket” on CGN right now. Not sure of the maker and doesn’t appear correct judging by the side plate and guard. Also I know of one in Edmonton but the fellow is asking $1200. Not sure how much you wish to spend?
Walk
It's down to $895.00 delivered obo now (if that's the gun). However, it is very suspect to me.

It's down to $895.00 delivered obo now (if that's the gun). However, it is very suspect to me.
That would be the one, been up for about a year now i think. The design on lock plate almost looks scratched in, touch hole area shows usage and tang screw head is possible full of ???

I requested pictures many months back and was sent fuzzy ones. Wouldn’t pull the barrel to look for marks. Couldn’t tell me condition of the bore, and ended with me being told that “as he couldn’t answer, likely not the one for me”.
I agreed.
Walk

Latest posts

Back