• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD .62 Jaeger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to get a Jaeger kit in the white from TVA but they discontinued it, they wanted $1275.00 based on their estimate (not including tax and shipping).

I also tried to get the TVA Jaeger Kit, it was loosely based on a military Pistor Jaeger, very nice run. It used a barrel length of 33-36 inches.

The Rifle Shoppe offers one, their kits are very similar.

Good luck with The Rifle Shop!
If you are going to pursue a kit think about weather you can inlet a lock and drill and tap the lock bolts precisely, or a buttplate.

Inletting drilling and tapping isn’t something I have a problem with.

Underlug pins can be challenging but I use drill jigs.

Then just buy components and forget about a kit ie: lock-Chambers, barrel- Rice, triggers- Davis, Guard,butt plate, sideplate- TOW or MBS, stock- Dunlap/Pecatonica/Knob Mountain etc.. The more you do the less you spend....still ain't cheep but it's a lot less than having someone else do it.

Then just buy components and forget about a kit ie: lock-Chambers, barrel- Rice, triggers- Davis, Guard,butt plate, sideplate- TOW or MBS, stock- Dunlap/Pecatonica/Knob Mountain etc.. The more you do the less you spend....still ain't cheep but it's a lot less than having someone else do it.

I usually do one kit a year. I'm currently gathering parts for a 1756 long land bess. TRS kits are not that bad as long as you buy one of their ..... heavily stocked items. 1756 bess, 1769 Shortland, 1766 Charleville and the Baker Rifle are their easiest to get, Springfields too. Anything else is a longer wait, up to 6 months. Many of their barrels are by Ed Rayl his waiting list is very long.

Thanks Rocklocks, this is a .62 as well. Ron builds a very handsome rifle.

Yes I do. I haven't taken it to any shows and have not pushed it, let me know if yout interested.
Kevin

Does this have a patent breech? What type vent hole does it have? Thanks!

It does not have a patent breech. It does have a gold touch hole insert which is about 1/4" in diameter with about a 1/16" touch hole - much smaller overall than the larger ones used by British gunmakers.

This rifle looks like a steal at this price. If I hadn't have just bought a new gun, I would be "pulling the trigger" on this one.

Not trying to overdue it
Can you tell me why you’re selling it and if you have shot it
Also a little more about the rifle - like who made it, barrel twist, overall length, etc.
Thank you for your patience and understanding it’s a difficult decision to spend this kind of money but I’ve narrowed it down to 2 rifles
I have personally seen this rifle. It is a new built gun. It is also the one I am trying to sell my fowler to buy... its a neat piece for sure and very faithful to the original...which i ahve also seen

Wow! Beautiful jaeger! I really appreciate the photos of the original, I'm going to try my hand at incised carving on a short rifle I have planned, Have done some raised carving, so incised is a new animal. Good luck on your sale!

So its a .60 caliber? I'm confused. I'd like a .62 that uses a .610 or a .626...….
I ahve held and fondeled this rifle personally, it is brand new, fresh built....it balances well and sights align perfectly for me. I ahve been trying to sell a fowler to purchase this exact same gun. it reaslly is a nice rifle at a great price. And has been faithfully reproduced from an original in the builders collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back