• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62 Cal Tulle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they do after the procedure, but the little guys just don’t learn to eat right and start en exercise program. In a few months they are right back to where they were before.

does mink oil come from the hide, meat or mink glands? I am a trapper and would like to harvest it.

From what I’ve gathered, and tell my young son, the minks are not harmed in any way when the oil is extracted. They are gently wrung over a bucket to extract the oil. This is very much like a massage or trip to the chiropractor for humans. It is enjoyed by the minks.

Funny! I just got 2 tubs of TOW mink oil and it got me to thinking. I've seen Minks. They're not that big, and not that fat. Youd have to have s BUNCH of them to render out 8oz of pure fat. Are there giant mink farms, like chicken coup houses with thousands of them, just eating and fattening up for future mink oil production?

Rendered mink fat.
I understand Track’s mink oil is humanly gotten from over weight mink via liposuction, this makes for slimmer healthier mink and practice is PETA approved.:D

Hey No Deer, Is Price road open from Meridian Rd. all the way to the range? Planning coming down on the 11th.
hmmmm....not sure, I don't go that way very often. I will check and let you know. Glad you are coming down for the shoot, look forward to meeting you.

Hey No Deer, Looks I can not make it tomorrow:(. I have things to tend to here at home. When is the clubs next woods walk?
All the best, Rodgers Rangers....Tony
sorry you could not make it, but even if you had been available to come, you probably couldn't have anyway due to the weather. Only 12 guys showed up, only 4 brought guns, and only 2 went out to shoot LOLOL. But, we had LOTS of great food, and a nice warm fire, under a big fly so we stayed dry.

Our next scheduled woodswalk is the weekend after Memorial Day, May 29,30, and 31. This is our spring open shoot, camping, shotgun and line shooting also.

sorry you could not make it, but even if you had been available to come, you probably couldn't have anyway due to the weather. Only 12 guys showed up, only 4 brought guns, and only 2 went out to shoot LOLOL. But, we had LOTS of great food, and a nice warm fire, under a big fly so we stayed dry.

Our next scheduled woodswalk is the weekend after Memorial Day, May 29,30, and 31. This is our spring open shoot, camping, shotgun and line shooting also.

At least you had a good turn out eh? LOL:) The weather put the brakes on what I had to do here. Next shoot is memorial day weekend? That is a busy time for me here. Thanks for the info.
All the best, Rodgers Ranger

At least you had a good turn out eh? LOL:) The weather put the brakes on what I had to do here. Next shoot is memorial day weekend? That is a busy time for me here. Thanks for the info.

It is actually the weekend after Memorial Day. The holiday is early this year.

I have a few accoutrements I am putting together, shooting bag, ball blocks, shot bag, flint wallet, etc... My son made a really cool elk antler handled hunting knife that will go nicely with my shooting bag! Need to get my flinter tools replaced too... pick, brush, napper.... Got a beautiful set of powder horns at the Cadillac gun show a few weeks ago... Have been to Kenockee Tradin post lately?

Hello all,
I have a .62 Cal French Tulle Fusil De Chase. I built it from a Woody Woodall kit years ago. I have not taken a deer with it yet and would like to. My current load is 65 grns 3F (Goex), .600 round ball, .015 ticking lubed with the yellow Bore Butter. What is the best deer load any of you have luck with? And at what range is it good for 50yrds or further? Thank you in advance.

Hi Rogers Ranger, I have a .62 cal. French Tulle I've hunted with for years and wouldn't trade it for any other gun. Hand built by a friend years ago. I've killed multiple white tail bucks and does in NW Pa. , then took the ol' girl to Colorado and took a mule deer buck in velvet, 2 days later got a 6x6 bull elk, then a week later got a doe antelope. Now back in NW Pa. and hopefully going to bag my 1st turkey with the old girl! I even took it coon hunting and shot a couple with it lol! I personally shoot 90 grain with bore butter in all sorts of weather. I feel confident at 60 yards. but it all depends on how much you shoot and what you feel good at. I use pillow ticking hand cut patches. For shot shooting I use hornets nest for wading. It works very good and wont burn so it won't catch the woods on fire. I personally shoot my black powder guns over snow to find out how much powder to use. If you see unburnt powder in the snow then just cut the charge down 5 grains at a time until it burns clean on the snow. Good luck!

Hello all,
I have a .62 Cal French Tulle Fusil De Chase. I built it from a Woody Woodall kit years ago. I have not taken a deer with it yet and would like to. My current load is 65 grns 3F (Goex), .600 round ball, .015 ticking lubed with the yellow Bore Butter. What is the best deer load any of you have luck with? And at what range is it good for 50yrds or further? Thank you in advance.
Look "your load" is gonna be the one you have to workout with your gun. But for my 24 gauge New England fowler 75-80 grains is the sweet spot. These smoothies shoot big balls and you have to get them moving. Keep up the good work and let us know what your gun really likes!

So far every one has been a complete pass through, double lung shot, and they all went less than 40 yards. I am in Laingsburg, about 30 miles NE of Lansing. Our gun club is located here also, Lansing Muzzle Loading Gun Club. We have several open shoots each year, our next is the Winter Woods Walk, on Jan. 11. Come on down for some good shooting and great eating :thumb:. If you have never been to our club, we are very proud of our woods walk, we feel, and have been told, that it is one of--if not the best one-- in the state.

Hey No Deer,
Guess who?? Lol. How have you been? Where do you get your Muzzleloading supply’s? Kenockee Trafing Post is quite a trip all the way over there. Good place for sûre, just wondering if there is some place closer to Lansing area? Hopefully get a deer with Tulle tomorrow..

Latest posts

Back