• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.62 Cal Tulle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far every one has been a complete pass through, double lung shot, and they all went less than 40 yards. I am in Laingsburg, about 30 miles NE of Lansing. Our gun club is located here also, Lansing Muzzle Loading Gun Club. We have several open shoots each year, our next is the Winter Woods Walk, on Jan. 11. Come on down for some good shooting and great eating :thumb:. If you have never been to our club, we are very proud of our woods walk, we feel, and have been told, that it is one of--if not the best one-- in the state.
Is the lean two still up on your woods walk?

RR, I got a really nice 8 point with my Tulle several years ago. Using 80 grains of 2f I got a pass through at what several said was over 100 yards. That shot was taken back when I was really good, not sure I could duplicate that shot or ever try again. That big round might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but definitely gets the job done every time.
100 yards pass through kill shot with a .62 Cal smoothie??!!! YOU DAH MAN!!!! Where were you holding? I am not opposed to a shot that far.

100 yards pass through kill shot with a .62 Cal smoothie??!!! YOU DAH MAN!!!! Where were you holding? I am not opposed to a shot that far.
The front sight base covered the body. I just remember putting the gun on my shoulder and squeezing the trigger. Didn't realize how far it was till after the smoke cleared. I didn't know it was a buck till I found it 60 yards away from where it was hit. Billy Dixon would call that a scratch shot.

I run 85 grains FFF....then a nitro card...a felt wad lubed with mink oil....then a .600 ball and .015 patch lubed with mink oil...in my .62 cal Tulle....and no rear sight

I have thought Bore Butter would really stiffen up in the cold. What other reasons do you have for not using it? Thank you for the recipe! I will make some up.
I think the most common reason folks don’t use Bore Butter is that the manufacturer claimed it would season the bore as you would a cast iron skillet and this was untrue so far as that goes. A common recipe given as a patch lube is beeswax and various quantities of oils from extra virgin olive oil to bear grease and everything in between. Honestly most of those recipes really resemble... bore butter. Go figure.

Bore Butter works ok as a patch lube, it can even be used as a rust prevention product depending on relative humidity where you live. I have mopped a dirty bore with softened BB and then left it for days with no ill effects. I live in the high desert though so your mileage may vary.

Lean to

Lean to? It has been a long time since you have been here LOL. We have a small hut out front by the road, with a small woodshed beside it.
Yes, It has been a long time eh... Me and 2 other guys from the club primitive committee built the lean to. We even camped in during one of our rendezvous.

Lean to

Lean to? It has been a long time since you have been here LOL. We have a small hut out front by the road, with a small woodshed beside it.
Hey No Deer,
My name is Tony. Ron Harper and John Dyer both know me from years ago. Had some real good times back then. Ron helped me build my Tulle....

Does the stock design on the Tulle improve the shooting sight picture especially if you're used to other stock configurations?

Hey No Deer,
My name is Tony. Ron Harper and John Dyer both know me from years ago. Had some real good times back then. Ron helped me build my Tulle....
Hi Tony
Ron passed on a few years ago, and John is less active these days. You should come to our Winter woods walk January 11 and see the primitive range now.

Hi Tony
Ron passed on a few years ago, and John is less active these days. You should come to our Winter woods walk January 11 and see the primitive range now.
OMG! I had no idea Ron had passed on.....my heart sank when I read that. Its been some years since I was in touch with him..... Unfortunately, It was too long. That really stinks... :( Thank you for letting me know eh.

Does the stock design on the Tulle improve the shooting sight picture especially if you're used to other stock configurations?
I think its more ergonomic and a WHOLE LOT prettier!! Some folks add a rear sight to it which is not "period correct" but it does help with shooting for those who can not seem to get used to using the barrel tang screw groove. Hope this helps eh.
All the best, Rodgers Ranger

OMG! I had no idea Ron had passed on.....my heart sank when I read that. Its been some years since I was in touch with him..... Unfortunately, It was too long. That really stinks... :( Thank you for letting me know eh.
Hi Tony
It looks like you sent me message after my reply about Ron's passing? Can not open it up though, How many stations are on the woods walk?

It looks like you sent me message after my reply about Ron's passing? Can not open it up though, How many stations are on the woods walk?

There are 23 riffle shots, anywhere from 6 yards out to 168 yards. There are 20 shots for smoothbore, again anywhere from 6 yards out to 168 yards, plus at our Spring and Fall shoots, there are 2 birds to shoot. The 168 yard target is a 6 foot diameter fry pan.

does mink oil come from the hide, meat or mink glands? I am a trapper and would like to harvest it.

There are 23 riffle shots, anywhere from 6 yards out to 168 yards. There are 20 shots for smoothbore, again anywhere from 6 yards out to 168 yards, plus at our Spring and Fall shoots, there are 2 birds to shoot. The 168 yard target is a 6 foot diameter fry pan.
Hey No Deer, Is Price road open from Meridian Rd. all the way to the range? Planning coming down on the 11th.

Back