• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 58cal. Custom target and hunting gun--engraved

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrywh

54 Cal.
Reaction score
This is a cutom made target and hunting rifle. The barrel is a colerain 58cal 1:56 rate of twist. Round bottom rifling for round ball shooting. But this twist will also shoot a slug with the proper load. It has adjustable opened and vernier tang sight both. I won the long gong shoot a Seneca Oregon with this rifle at 276 yards off hand. It weighs about 8 lbs. The lock and trigger guard are hand engraved and color case hardened . The hook breech is also case hardened. The stock has a horn nose cap and the barrel is coned. The stock has 3" of drop and apout 3/8" of cast off with a
13-3/8" pull to the front trigger. Vary nice straight grain walnut stock with the grain going straight up the wrist for maximum strength. Price $1550.00 shipped insured t olower states. This is a great bear or Elk gun.

Attachments

• 58-a.jpg
    58-a.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 58b.jpg
    58b.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 58-c.jpg
    58-c.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 58-d.jpg
    58-d.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 58-e.jpg
    58-e.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 85-f.jpg
    85-f.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 58-g.jpg
    58-g.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 58-h.jpg
    58-h.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 234
Price reduced to $1000.00 shipped and insured to lower states. Comes with modern gun case.

Few questions and requests:

1. Photos of rear open sight and front sight.

2. Who is the maker of the front and rear sight?

3. Who is the maker of the lock?

4. Who is the maker of the trigger?

5. Did Colerain cone the barrel or did you, if you so, why?

6. Maker of the vernier tang sight

7. Who was the stock maker?

Nice engraving.

Its a tc renegade thats been worked. Imagine the lock is tc as well with extra engraving. Very nice rifle.

Thanks, I thought the basics of the rifle looked very familiar.

Fish d fly.
Rear sight is a Thompson center front sight I made. Lock is a L&R . Stock was a Thompson center Renegade that I bent to have more drop and cast off I did some stock reshaping and refinished. The trigger guard required reshaping because of the more drop and cast off as did the tang. I coned the barrel to make loading much easier. I won't take anymore photos because I am disabled. It is hard for me and you ain't going to buy it anyway. It would cost at least $500.00 to have one hand engraved. What do you think the other work would cost. Try and find somebody to bend a stock. Google Jerry Huddleston Engraver Gunmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back