• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .58 Smooth Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is this lovely Cherry stocked .58 Caliber Smooth Rifle (24 gauge) that I have been working on for a while and finished it last just night. Built from a Kibler kit, I added some additional features. These include some carvings and inlays; an incised line down the fore-stock and around the rear entry pipe, Lock moldings with beaver-tail finials, carving around the base of the comb nose and along the bottom of the butt stock, carvings on the cheek rest and below and behind it with some simple scroll work.
I also inlaid a brass Hunter's Star on the cheek rest and a brass oval thumb piece. The patch box has a little accent carving and an inlaid German Silver disk and there us a lovely brass toe plate as well.
The barrel has been rust-browned which I allowed to slightly pit and then carded off, leaving a very nice dull gray and aged look.
The stock is dyed and sealed with four applications of a satin wipe-on varnish, and then two nice applications of tinted paste wax buffed in.
Here are the specs:
Stock has a pull of about 13 5/8” and a drop of approximately 2 3/4” and cast off of approximately 3/16"
Buttplate is approximately 2” in width and slightly over 5” in height.
43.25” custom profiled barrels. Breech 1.125” and waist approximately .800”
Kibler's CNC Round Faced English Flintlock

I am asking $2,250 for this gun, plus partial shipping ($30 East of the Mississippi and $60 West of the Mississippi). Lower 48 states only (where allowed). I will ship this in the sturdy wooden crate that I received it in. Money Orders and Personal Checks, or if your near Surry County, North Carolina come-on over or I will meet you somewhere in and around Maybury :)
Thanks for looking!
~Bob

Attachments

• 12 yy.jpg
    12 yy.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 12 z.jpg
    12 z.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 n.jpg
    12 n.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 12 o.jpg
    12 o.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 12 m.jpg
    12 m.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 i.jpg
    12 i.jpg
    859.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 h.jpg
    12 h.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 b.jpg
    12 b.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 a.jpg
    12 a.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 y.jpg
    12 y.jpg
    864 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For sale is this lovely Cherry stocked .58 Caliber Smooth Rifle (24 gauge) that I have been working on for a while and finished it last just night. Built from a Kibler kit, I added some additional features. These include some carvings and inlays; an incised line down the fore-stock and around the rear entry pipe, Lock moldings with beaver-tail finials, carving around the base of the comb nose and along the bottom of the butt stock, carvings on the cheek rest and below and behind it with some simple scroll work.
I also inlaid a brass Hunter's Star on the cheek rest and a brass oval thumb piece. The patch box has a little accent carving and an inlaid German Silver disk.
The barrel has been rust-browned which I allowed to slightly pit and then carded off, leaving a very nice dull gray and aged look.
The stock is dyed and sealed with four applications of a satin wipe-on varnish, and then two nice applications of tinted paste wax buffed in.
I am asking $2,250 for this gun, plus partial shipping ($30 East of the Mississippi and $60 West of the Mississippi). Lower 48 states only (where allowed). I will ship this in the sturdy wooden crate that I received it in. Money Orders and Personal Checks, or if your near Surry County, North Carolina come-on over or I will meet you somewhere in and around Maybury :)
Thanks for looking!
~Bob
A couple more pics...

Attachments

• 12 r.jpg
    12 r.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 s.jpg
    12 s.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 g.jpg
    12 g.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 f.jpg
    12 f.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 k.jpg
    12 k.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 l.jpg
    12 l.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 w.jpg
    12 w.jpg
    592.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 12 x.jpg
    12 x.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 0
Looked on their site couldn’t find barrel length and what kit that is.
Hi Greyrider- here you go:
Stock has a pull of about 13 5/8” and a drop of approximately 2 3/4” and cast off of approximately 3/16"

I also inlaid a brass Hunter's Star on the cheek rest and a brass oval thumb piece. The patch box has a little accent carving and an inlaid German Silver disk and there us a lovely brass toe plate as well.
Here are the specs:

Thanks for looking!
~Bob
Excellent~ee workmanship

I love my Cherry stock 58 smoothbore kibler someone will have fun. Mine is very accurate with 85 grains of 2 1/2F 45 grains of corn meal 1/8 felt wad on top .008 muslin patch.with a .562 ball or a .575 bare ball with 110 grains of powder and 50 grains of corn meal 1/8 felt on top of corn meal and a thin shot card on top of ball.

Latest posts

Back