• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED .58 Minie ball bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capnball

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking for a good supplier for .58 caliber minie and round balls for an 1861 musket. The last bullets I bought were kind of rough. I'd like to get ammo that's reasonbly uniform in shape and weight and delivered in good shape at s decent price. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

This is an original 1861 Bridesberg. I've already shot .58 minie from it but like I said, they were bought on line and the quality was questionable at best. At 75 yards my shots were all over the paper. Thanks for the link, I can measure what I have and see if they can help.

Firstly, for BEST accuracy, you need to know what size you need, usually 0.002" below the bore size, at least by all those No-So Skirmishers and other accuracy BP aficionados I know, myself included. Take a look at those cast as offered by The Cast Bullet Shop, http://www.thecastbulletshop.com/muzzleloading-25.

If you need bigger than he offers 'sized', he will sell you raw cast ones cheaper. If you need a different size he doesn't have that is smaller, buy the raw cast and get the push-thru sizer from Lodgewood. FWIW we get ragged hole groups @ 50-yds using his Minies.

Back