• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .58 Jaeger for sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is a Jaeger I finished a couple months ago. Specs are
English Walnut stock, a very fine piece of wood with some "marble cake" figure, dark stripes and some curl at the buttstock. Stock is spliced in front of the sling swivel. this was a modern rifle stock blank so I had to splice it to get enough wood for a Jaeger out of it. The splice is as perfect as a splice can be and it wasn't bothered by me inletting the barreland ramrod groove with mallet and chisel so it certainly won't be affected now that the barrel is in.
Swamped 31" Don Getz .58 barrel. This is an older Don Getz barrel, not his son. this barrel was worked over by Jim chambers....Draw filed, polished, staked underlugs and touch hole installed. It was never used in a build though. I removed the staked underlugs and used underlugs for pins. 1/56" twist which is kinda unique for a .58 caliber.
Castings by Ron Scott.
Chambers round faced Germanic lock
Davis single trigger, trigger is LIGHT around 2 pounds, no creep
Gun weighs 8.83 pounds on my digital scale
LOP is 13"
Has about 1.8" cast off and not much drop. The triggerpull sounds short but I'm 6' tall and this gun fits me perfect.

the only issues are it has one extra pin hole where I moved a barrel lug after I decided to put a sling on it. I don't really like any of my carving on it. I'm actually pricing it at what I consider quite low for a gun like this because I'm just not happy with the carving.

Price is $1800 shipped in a nice hardcase. Payment by Discreet paypal friends and family, Money order or personal check to clear.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG