• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

58 CVA Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already chosen the second one from the right. The bag cost 15 bucks so it don't matter too much to me

The triggers are set into the trigger mortise too deeply. Either the tang bolts have been consistently over tightened pulling the trigger lever ever higher and now when the triggers are not set, the levers are too high and preventing the sear from entering the half cock and full cock notches. Not a hard fix and may be that the spring that drives the set trigger lever is over tightened which also raises the lever. Back that bolt down a turn or two.
I've found that it's usually an over tightened Trigger Spring Screw. More common on kit guns than factory built.

Good luck!

Walt

Hello, congratulations on getting the CVA, big bore.
I have another method on how to raise the trigger assembly from the factory extra deep mortise.
The first pic shows a flat head screw in the base of the trigger mortise. You can use this screw to fine tune and set the depth of the assembly. Second picture shows the final inlay of trigger and guard assembly. 10.JPG9.JPG

Hello, congratulations on getting the CVA, big bore.
I have another method on how to raise the trigger assembly from the factory extra deep mortise.
The first pic shows a flat head screw in the base of the trigger mortise. You can use this screw to fine tune and set the depth of the assembly. Second picture shows the final inlay of trigger and guard assembly.View attachment 143741View attachment 143742
That's clever

Well,I took her for a hunt today. Of course the only thing I saw was a fallow doe and her ¾ grown fawn,which wandered in towards me from 100m away and hung around at 30m for a good 5 to 10 minutes before they either caught my scent or seen my arm move,I was hiding my rather large frame behind a 4' fence post lol. Lucky they were on the wrong side of the fence or I'd have taken my first muzzleloader deer !

Attachments

• 20220612_123347.jpg
    20220612_123347.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220612_113746.jpg
    20220612_113746.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220612_114241.jpg
    20220612_114241.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220612_091226.jpg
    20220612_091226.jpg