• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.58 caliber?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yu need one so you can go get a group that counts! The one off to the left was a flier withView attachment 157709 a bad hangfire. This was 95 gr 777 ffg at 50 yds out the Corolla window. I shot three more with 110 gr FG Schuzten and they were two touching one an inch away (no photo cuz they were even higher and in the tape holding the target. Cabelas .58 sporterized hawkin. Got Elk?

Attachments

• IMG_20220822_143710.jpg
    IMG_20220822_143710.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well, just so happens, I do have a .62 caliber smoothbore.
See, with a 58 and the 62, you would be the coolest kid on the block!

Women would be standing in a line outside your door and unicorns prancing around your yard.

People would come from miles around just to get a glimpse of you and the off chance to shake your hand.

You're killing me Smalley....just buy one and end this thread!

Fell in love with .58"s when I bought my Navy Zouve. Have since bought a T/C Big Boar, Pedersoli Kodiak Dbl Brl and a Pedersoli Harpers Ferry Flintlock, all in .58. Wife thinks I have enough!

Buffalo Hunter is a nice handling rifle. I was surprised the accuracy of mine
I have a Dixie Hawken Hunter in .58 and it is an awesome rifle but with the 620 grain maxi and 150 grain charge of 2F it likes, it's plumb grim to shoot ! I had a Buffalo Hunter from Dixie for awhile but it was not as accurate as the Hawken Hunter.

Most likely you don't have a musket. Get a flintlock 58 cal musket. Muskets open another way of shooting BP.
Larry
If one wants a .58 cal. replica fli
With a .58, everything from Elk to Sasquatch tremble in their Fur!!
Yes, but no one's ever seen a real sasquatch let alone shot one! Although the earliest settlers would have! Should their existence ever be confirmed, they will instantly be placed on the 'protected species' list!

Fell in love with .58"s when I bought my Navy Zouve. Have since bought a T/C Big Boar, Pedersoli Kodiak Dbl Brl and a Pedersoli Harpers Ferry Flintlock, all in .58. Wife thinks I have enough!
I recently held & admired an ORIGINAL Zouave; it was 'un-issued' of course, and nearly perfect condition. The fit, finish, and quality of the materials was above that of the replicas, much as we all love them. I have a nice repro Zouave now, after getting and passing on a couple of them, as the workmanship and fitting of the replicas varies.

Back