• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.58 cal. V. CHR. SCHILLING in Suhl

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmandavid

.58 caliber, Go Big or Go Home
Reaction score
OK, this one i found at a yard sale 10 years ago. the stock was Broken at the wrist, and it was covered in light rust. Took it home cleaned the metal and fixed the stock, although it will never be fired i think it looks good for a wall hanger. Here are the specs. It is .58 cal., the barrel is 30 inches. It looks like a Jaeger Rifle but i am not sure. Here are the markings, V. CHR. SCHILLING in Suhl, Translates to Valentin Christoph Schilling, Suhl Germany. I think it was made around 1860, it is highly engraved in both wood and metal. let me know if you have more info. as you can see the Hammer Tang is broken, the Hammer screw is missing, and the ramrod was missing so i made a new one. Thanks, Dave
DSCF1710.JPGDSCF1711.JPGDSCF1712.JPGDSCF1713.JPGDSCF1714.JPGDSCF1715.JPGDSCF1716.JPGDSCF1718.JPGDSCF1719.JPGDSCF1720.JPG

Last edited:
I am buying what appears to be it's brother, but in much better condition. Any info on your/our gun? German Jaeger .54cal

Attachments

• German Jaeger Seller (7).jpg
    German Jaeger Seller (7).jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 0
  • German Jaeger Seller (5).jpg
    German Jaeger Seller (5).jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 0
  • German Jaeger Seller (18).jpg
    German Jaeger Seller (18).jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 0
  • German Jaeger Seller (20).jpg
    German Jaeger Seller (20).jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 0
  • German Jaeger Seller (1).jpg
    German Jaeger Seller (1).jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 0
Its a known manufacturer. Started out small in the 18th century and ended up a fairly sizeable company producing military bolt action rifles. Thats where I know them from, but I have no idea about their sporting/hunting rifles.

Back