• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE 58 cal round ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamperkk

40 Cal
Reaction score
i made some 58 cal round ball to see how many make's a pound,,my scale says 23 58 cal round balls make a pound,,thought it would be more

i made some 58 cal round ball to see how many make's a pound,,my scale says 23 58 cal round balls make a pound,,thought it would be more
Why did you think you would get more? Don’t believe the math? Depending on the alloy used and the exact diameter your mold produces, there are only so many roundballs that can be found in a pound of lead.

Ever wonder why the bigger the balls the fewer there are that come in a box?
If you want to sell them, it would help if you would post the price and the exact diameter.
I shoot .570 or .575 depending on which gun I'm shooting.

Why did you think you would get more? Don’t believe the math? Depending on the alloy used and the exact diameter your mold produces, there are only so many roundballs that can be found in a pound of lead.
thought it was 25 to a lb,,,,but its only 23 balls to a lb

Ever wonder why the bigger the balls the fewer there are that come in a box?
If you want to sell them, it would help if you would post the price and the exact diameter.
I shoot .570 or .575 depending on which gun I'm shooting.
[/QUOT i don't know if its .570 or .575,,,i have to get something messure them,,,to sell them i don't know what to ask,,,shipping in all,,,but i can make plenty,,,i have soft lead

Track of the Wolf sells them for $17 for 50. Which would be about 2#. So that would give you a place to consider. Shipping would depend on distance, of course. But you can always use flat rate box if the weight would justify it.

Track of the Wolf sells them for $17 for 50. Which would be about 2#. So that would give you a place to consider. Shipping would depend on distance, of course. But you can always use flat rate box if the weight would justify it.
that sounds right,,but the shipping would be around $10,,,but i have to check on the post office, i was thinking $30 shipping included for 50 ct

just got a messurement .575
Is that the mold size, or actual measurement? My .562” diameter Lee double mold throws out roundballs that will very from .564”-.566” diameter (close to, but not perfectly round) with an average weight of 270.5 grains with less than +/- 1 grain variation. In theory, just less than 26 per pound, but assume I get less after skimming off any impurities and don’t worry about the count. Depending on lead cost, that puts my material cost between less than 5¢ to maybe 10¢ at most each.

What is the source of the lead? Has the lead been tested with a calibrated tester?
I made the mistake of buying "soft" lead from a member here - that wasn't.
For those who don't care about the actual lead hardness (ex - those who shoot patched and don't hunt with them) it makes little difference.
For those who do hunt with them - the harder balls will not perform well.

What is the source of the lead? Has the lead been tested with a calibrated tester?
I made the mistake of buying "soft" lead from a member here - that wasn't.
For those who don't care about the actual lead hardness (ex - those who shoot patched and don't hunt with them) it makes little difference.
For those who do hunt with them - the harder balls will not perform well.
this is what u call plumbers lead,,,not wheel weights,,, been having this lead over 20 years,,,, no i test my lead from a finger nail scratch,,,soft enough for me

Is that the mold size, or actual measurement? My .562” diameter Lee double mold throws out roundballs that will very from .564”-.566” diameter (close to, but not perfectly round) with an average weight of 270.5 grains with less than +/- 1 grain variation. In theory, just less than 26 per pound, but assume I get less after skimming off any impurities and don’t worry about the count. Depending on lead cost, that puts my material cost between less than 5¢ to maybe 10¢ at most each.
are u tell me one round ball cost i between 5c and 10c ?

Do the math for material (lead) cost. 25 or so 58 caliber roundballs to a pound of lead. Can buy lead for $1 or $2 if you look around. Need a $25 mold and a heat source and it is an easy DIY activity. You have to decide what your time is worth.
ok i have 50 ct .575 round balls,,,u want some? $25 + $7.95 =32.95

Back