• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .550 Round Ball Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WVAED

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to buy a .550 round ball mold.

They are made from 1 in dia round brass stock. No sprue cutter and Lyman single cavity handles fit them. If you’re wanting a .550 for a TC Renegade SB I personally think it’s too big.

I have been using a .550 mold from J. Tanner for years in my T/C smoothbore. 80Grains of 2f with a .015 mink oil lubed patch gives me 3" groups at 50 yards. I coned the muzzle for easier ball starting, but other than that it loads quite easily. Before I got the J.T. mold, I was using a .535 ball with a .022 denim mink oil lubed patch. Accuracy was not as good as the .550 ball, only 5-6" at 50 yards, which I felt was unacceptable.

I just bought two molds from Tanner. A .590 and a .595. They are available in .001" increments. I paid about $82 for both with shipping. Took about 3 weeks to get them. I bought the handles from Track. $14 plus shipping. The molds work well, and I can pour about 60 or 70 balls or so before my carpal tunnel kicks in. I clip the sprues after the balls cool.

I found a mold and no longer need this want ad. Found it at the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi Ohio. It was used. Picked it up for 45.00 Steel Lyman. I was very happy to find it and at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back