• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.54 GRP is getting dialed in with new rear sight.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballshooter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Went up today and shot @ 60 yards 85 grains by volume Goex 3F and a .530 Lee round balls poured by me with Walmart blue pillow ticking and lubed with bear tallow. I reshaped the rear sight to a U and it works great for my eyes, makes the front sight much more clear to me. The orange dot is 1.5in four are in the orange...the two just below were my last two shots. So, I called it good for today lol. Not bad considering the target was in the shadows and hard to see well.

Attachments

• 20210706_141450.jpg
    20210706_141450.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210705_111006.jpg
    20210705_111006.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
My how things change. I remember shooting my grandpa's old 22 with a rear peep sight when I was a kid. He had taken the peep out and just had the threaded hole in it. I thought this thing is terrible, I can't zero in on a prairie dog with it as it is too big. Now I understand why grandpa did it.

Latest posts

Back