• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .54 early style flintlock w/Bill Large Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is a rifle I built around a year ago. I was copying in a way an Ed Wenger rifle I liked he called a "Moravian rifle gun". Curly maple stock stained very dark, WM Large barrel with no J's so it a very early one. Octagon/16 sides to round with one wedding band. 1-60 twist. Chambers germanic lock with white lighting touch hole liner.
Barrel is 32 1/4" long
LOP is 13 5/8"
Gun weighs 10.3#s on my digital scales
Light single trigger 3-4 pounds.

I'm selling this gun for what I consider cheap because the forend has a long repaired crack in it. It happened toward the end of the build. I got careless and left really long barrel and ramrod thimble pins in the gun and it fell over and one of these pins cracked the stock. The crack didn't run out of the wood. I opened it a bit and filled it with titebond then wrapped it with surgical tubing. After that I took a barrel channel scraper and deepened the barrel channel a bit and bedded it with JB weld epoxy and some fiberglass dust from brownells. Because of the repair I decided to get creative with the carving and carved it freehand with a V gouge for the outline. I normally carefully stab in carving.

This gun is an excellent shooter that likes most anything I put down it....it's not very picky about charge and patch/lube

Price is $1200 shipped east of the Mississippi in a nice hardcase and heavy cardboard box. Anyone way out west contact for shipping, I'll split the shipping charge with you. Payment with PP friends/family. MOney order, cashiers check or personal check to clear.

Last edited:
Pics

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 187