• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .54 Cherry Kibler, with Folk Art influence

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale is my newest Kibler rifle. It is a .54 caliber, Cherry stocked Colonial style flintlock longrifle.
I am asking $1,875 plus partial shipping ($30 East of the Mississippi; $60 West of the Mississippi)
The specs of this rifle are as follows:
~ Stock has a pull of about 13 5/8” and a drop of approximately 2 3/4” and cast off of approximately 3/16"
~ Buttplate is approximately 2” in width and slightly over 5” in height.
~ 43.25” custom profiled barrels. Breech 1.125” and waist approximately .800”. A very nice contoured barrel. It comes standard in square bottom rifling.
~ Kibler's CNC Round Faced English Flintlock
~ Sliding wood Patch Box
The weight is almost 9 lbs according to my bathroom scale.
Some features added to this rifle;
I incorporated some Folk Art motifs on this gun: a carved Ebony inlaid heart on the cheek piece; an incised carved Hex design behind it and, on the Patch Box lid, facing hearts with an Acorn Cap thumb indent.
I also inlaid a nice Brass Toe Plate, did some shaping on the cheep piece with a little decorative panel under it. A also carved a molding groove above the ramrod channel and at the bottom of the butt stock, which end in a nice finial tail. The barrel tang and comb nose areas, and lock panels have also been carved.
I will be happy to provide additional photos as well as "Face Time" with anyone who is interested in seeing this rifle on video.
It really is a splendid piece and no doubt another excellent shooter. The rifle will be shipped via USPS, fully insured, in the sturdy wooden case that the kit was shipped in.
I will gladly accept USPS Money Order or Bank Check or a Personal Check (which must clear before shipping).
Below are some photos.
Thank you for looking :)

Attachments

• 7 u.jpg
    7 u.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 538
  • 7 v.jpg
    7 v.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 571
  • 7 o.jpg
    7 o.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 546
  • 7 p.jpg
    7 p.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 539
  • 7 j.jpg
    7 j.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 526
  • 7 k.jpg
    7 k.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 507
  • 7 n.jpg
    7 n.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 7 m.jpg
    7 m.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 482
  • 7 zz.jpg
    7 zz.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 480
  • 7 s.jpg
    7 s.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 464
Wow Bob, you've turned out several nice ones but I think this is your best yet! Very, very nice - great job to be sure! Did you do anything to thin out the wrist a bit? I recall an exchange between you and @dave_person about this a while back. Regardless, beautifully and tastefully done!

Thank you Brazos John.
I have always been attracted to Folk Art and been creating many things that incorporate "Folk" elements, particularly from the Pennsylvania Dutch traditions. The heart is a really common theme, universally, and seems to add a charm to whatever it will grace.
For some reason it came as a natural to me to add the Heart onto this Longrifle, and like you, had not noticed it being done before (though I imagine it was). I think it works as a decorative element and may continue using it in the future...

Wow Bob, you've turned out several nice ones but I think this is your best yet! Very, very nice - great job to be sure! Did you do anything to thin out the wrist a bit? I recall an exchange between you and @dave_person about this a while back. Regardless, beautifully and tastefully done!
Thaks zerosprk!! Yes, I do thin out the wrists on these, which is why you can see the carfed areas between the Barrel Tang and the Comb nose. I dont want to take too mush off for strength purposes, but they do seem very beefy without a good attack from the files.

"Folk" elements, particularly from the Pennsylvania Dutch traditions...
We're originally from east central PA (Lehigh Valley), ands my Mom had all kinds of Pa Dutch decorations around the house, and lots of them included hearts. I wonder what guns the Pa Dutch actually used? I don't imagine they were very decorated, but you can't paint everything black, so what did they do? Have you ever researched them?
A whole new (old) world to discover!

We're originally from east central PA (Lehigh Valley), ands my Mom had all kinds of Pa Dutch decorations around the house, and lots of them included hearts. I wonder what guns the Pa Dutch actually used? I don't imagine they were very decorated, but you can't paint everything black, so what did they do? Have you ever researched them?
No, I never researched anything like that. But 'folk art' elements were certainly used on just about anything, including guns. I have seen pictures of painted guns (with floral vines and such) as well as brass tacks.

I am from Pa. Dutch Country and my ancestors also. I was born in Brookdale right outside of Alburtis, Pa. I would think Berks and Lehigh style rifles were used by these folks and probably weren't very decorated. The people were hard working but extra money for fancy things probably was hard to come by. Hearts and birds were used alot on barns, etc. I think by "painting everything black" you are referring to the Amish. Pa. Dutch doesn't mean you were Amish, just you were of German decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back