• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED 54 Caliber Hornady Great Plains Bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If anyone has any Hornady Great Plains Bullets in 54 caliber that they don't want I am looking for some since Hornady quit making them. Thanks. Mark

I don't know if Buffalo Bullet got back up and running. Their website says they were to be back in production in 2Q 2019, but I don't see anything else that makes it look like they are producing. They have a FB page, but since I don't have a FB account, I can't look at anything, and believe me, I'm not getting a FB account just to find out! No FB...no tweeting...nothing! ;) If they are producing their old 54 Buffalo bullet, that's as close to a Hornady GP as you can get.

I actually have 1 unopened box of the 54 GP plus 9 more in an opened box. We can talk via PM if you are interested. I also have a full box of 50 310 gr Buffalo Ballets plus an open box with 9 more. I have 3 boxes of the TC Hunters in 54 as well (one of those might be a partial).

But long term, looks like you'll need to start molding up your own REAL's.

ive bought about every box I can find, occasionally ill find a box price has doubled from 10.00 to 20.00 a box. if I ever shoot these up ill be buying a lyman mold I imagine

I left a message on their fb page and went to the website. the site stated they should be up and running by 3rd quarter of 2018 this is 2019 and ive heard nothing

Saw some at sportsmans warehouse yesterday, they had 50 and 54. 11.00+/- each. I see you are in texas so it may not be worth the drive to Oregon. Check sportsmans if they have them down there or maybe they ship, I don't know.

I don't know if Buffalo Bullet got back up and running. Their website says they were to be back in production in 2Q 2019, but I don't see anything else that makes it look like they are producing. They have a FB page, but since I don't have a FB account, I can't look at anything, and believe me, I'm not getting a FB account just to find out! No FB...no tweeting...nothing! ;) If they are producing their old 54 Buffalo bullet, that's as close to a Hornady GP as you can get.

I actually have 1 unopened box of the 54 GP plus 9 more in an opened box. We can talk via PM if you are interested. I also have a full box of 50 310 gr Buffalo Ballets plus an open box with 9 more. I have 3 boxes of the TC Hunters in 54 as well (one of those might be a partial).

But long term, looks like you'll need to start molding up your own REAL's.

i have a couple boxes but lube is pretty cruddy on the one that is opened and imagine the same on the one that is sealed, swing a trade at me, i'm looking for a 530 rb mold

Back