• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD .54 Caliber Flint Longrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here's your chance to purchase a .54 caliber longrifle, beautifully finished from a Jim Kibler kit by the very talented and well known gunmaker Tim Williams

Tim's work is in such high demand he's no longer accepting orders. I picked this rifle up from him in 2018 at Dixon's Gunmaker's Fair and shot a doe with it last fall. The rifle is lethally accurate. An excellent rifle for a Wood's Walk, its 10 pound weight helps keep it steady for splitting cards or ringing 200 yard gongs. It features a highly figured maple stock with a mixture of raised and incised carving, Chambers Colonial Virginia lock, Rice barrel with aged finish, and brass hardware.

$4,054.00 plus actual insured shipping costs. If interested please contact me at [email protected]

Right Side small.jpg

Left Side small.jpg

Lock small.jpg
Triggerguard small.jpg
Entry Thimble small.jpg
Cheekpiece carving small.jpg
Front Sight small.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning,
What distance have the sights been regulated to?

I'm an inch high at 50 yards, which allows me to cut the X by holding at the base of the 10 ring. I'm 3" low at 100 yards. The doe I took with it last season, was about 65 yards away, and I held on her heart and hit point of aim.

I've never been able to afford a cheap rifle. I can't afford to spend several hundred dollars on an unsatisfactory gun, then lose a few hundred more when I cut my losses to get out of it...and spend hundreds more on another gun that still doesn't match my expectations. Too much math. Too much trouble. If you invest in a fine firearm, it appreciates in value. (Heck, you can even shoot a couple of deer with it and not reduce your price when you go to sell it.) I've been happily married for 40 years (to the same woman) because I avoided cheap women and cheap guns. I married a keeper, who's worth more to me now than when I met her. I bought expensive guns, because my wife understood the investment. Had many friends who didn't invest in the right relationships (or firearms) and now they're as old as I am without a wonderful wife, but instead have several nasty and expensive X's and a damned poor collection of bargain guns. Save time, money and aggravation. Invest in quality. It never comes cheap.

This may be the future of computer kits. Excellent kits by men like Kibler....assembled and carved/decorated by awesome gunmakers like Tim Williams.....and you get to spend big money over the same in a stick built custom gun.

Component packages have long been the cradle of craftsmanship. I had several of Kit Ravenshear's guns and he often used pre-carved stocks with machine inlet barrels, locks and buttplates. Jim Chambers has been making outstanding "kits" for a generation, with the price of a finished gun being proportionate to the craftsmanship and reputation of the artist. Hacker Martin and Roy Southgate were talented men building guns from scratch. Their firearms don't compare favorably to contemporary makers because they simply didn't have access to the high quality components now available.

Last edited:
Again, I agree with you completely. But, if I don't have the funds, you're not going to send me the rifle. I doubt the bank or credit union is going to start a line of "high end historical firearm," loans.
Your line of reasoning is why I don't have the funds. I don't make that much, but, when I do buy something I usually buy better than I can really afford, then leave myself in trouble for other things.

I know Tim Williams and he is a excellent gun/bow maker. He is at the CLA gunshow in Lewisburg, PA every year. I tried to order a long bow from him this year but he stopped taking orders. My humble opinion is a rifle built by Tim Williams is good to go!

Royland Southgate Jim , not Roy . Only thing on his rifles that he bought as a part was the Russ Hamm lock plate that he used . He built Tennessee rifles known more for being extremely accurate rather than for the fine curves , carving and finish of a Pennsylvania style rifle . Him and Hacker built what people wanted at that time because that's what average people could afford . He did build a few fine rifles but most were just plain Tennessee's that loved to bore holes in X's .

That's a sweet rifle you got , if I had the funds it would come to Tennessee . Good luck with your sale .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back