Quantcast

FOR SALE .54 Caliber English Styled Rifle

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
.54 Caliber English rifle, featuring a 39"long octagon to round match crowned barrel, tall drift adjustable sights, relief carved curly maple full stock, engraved brass hardware, sling swivels and sling, Caywood locks, tuned by Brad Emig of Cabin Creek. Both locks are fitted to the rifle, thus if replacement locks or parts are difficult to acquire a highly tuned spare is provided. This is a very accurate rifle that will deliver 5 consecutive shots into the X ring at 50 yards. $2,676.00 plus actual insured shipping. If interested please contact me at Ironjimrackham@charter.net Thanks.

Right and Left Long Views.jpg

Carving.jpg

Front Sight.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Lock Internals.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps my emphasis on the rifle's accuracy encouraged people to think that it is a purpose built target rifle. It's actually a hunting rifle, for which reason it's fitted with a sling. It performed very well on a 163 pound buck on opening day at 67 yards. While the buck and other accessories aren't included with the rifle, I would think you can easily get your own once you buy the rifle.
Deer Down.jpg

front view.jpg

mloader40

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Good day. Where are you located? I sure would like to see the rifle in person are you interested 9n trades 8n part?
Thank you

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm always interested in custom guns. You may private message me with the details. I'm selling the gun to pay for a nice custom fowler. I do a lot of wing shooting, and since I can bag 100 pheasants per year versus 1 deer, I think I'll get more use out of another fowler.

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I thought to post a picture a of the buck's heart, but it occurred to me that such an image may not be suitable for all audiences. Instead, I've posted a typical offhand 75 yard target. I pulled the last shot into the 9 ring, but the other 6 shots of the 7 fired, are as good a group as I'm capable of shooting offhand, and any one of these shots, even the wide 9 will stop a buck in his tracks at that distance.
75 Yard Offhand.jpg

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It will print one ragged hole off a bench. The white lightning flash hole liner and Emig improved ignition creates a very fast lock time. I think the gun actually discharges before the hammer falls, since as soon as the flint hits the frizzen the sparks begin to shower.

Last edited:

SOLANCO

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I have an Emig rifle. I can not tell you how much I love it because I do not know where to start.

If the Emigs lived in Japan, they would be official National Treasures.