• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED .54 Cal. Thompson Center Arms Muzzle loading Rifle Barrel 26” Octagon Rifle Barrel - 1” Flats with breech plug.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
.54 Caliber Thompson Center Arms Muzzle loading Rifle Barrel..
TC54B.6.JPG

Percussion 26” Octagon Rifle Barrel - 1” Flats with breech plug.
Serial number : 24173
The estate it came out of the guy was a machinist / jack of all trades.
It has been stripped of all its parts and bored out to .540 best I can tell.
Breech looks like it is off just a little in alinement !!!
I DO NOT KNOW WHO DID THE WORK!!
OR WHAT WORK WAS DONE.
IT WAS THAT WAY WHEN I GOT IT.
BEING SOLD AS-IS!!!
TC54B.1.JPG
TC54B.2.JPG

PRICE $ 125.00 -- Shipping and Insurance Included to legal CONUS locations only.
Prefer USPS money orders.
Located in Ohio.

THANKS FOR LOOKING,

Attachments

• TC54B.3.JPG
    TC54B.3.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • TC54B.4.JPG
    TC54B.4.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
  • TC54B.5.JPG
    TC54B.5.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
hi, ? you say it was bored out to .54 but in picture there appears to be rifling. is it smooth bored? thanks. mike
It appears to have been bored out.
I do not know if it was done with just a drill bit or boring bar.
I put a gage in at the muzzle end and run it around and it seemed smooth and gaged .540 +/- .002.
I can also see some faint rifling when I put in the bore light.
It looks to me that the breech has been removed and reinstalled just a hair off of alinement.
This is the way I got it.
It was in a box of things I bought from the estate.

AD HAS BEEN CORRECTED.. SORRY FOR THE ERROR.
I was looking at the wrong barrel when I was writing down the information.
Yes 1" across the flats.

Thanks , I thought so.
I had Hawken in the listing at first but after looking at it again it is not marked as a Hawken Barrel.
Then I added the picture of the roll stamp on the barrel.

I have seen TC's QLA feature and this is not it.
TC's QLA feature you can see a small shoulder where it stops.
About 1-1/2" down the barrel.
It appears to have been bored out.

The appearance of the smooth muzzle, with rifling apparent in the bore indicates the rifle has been "Conned".
The Coning of barrels is described here at the form in multiple threads and I do believe there is an open listing for conning tools (per cal) here from a reputable maker in the classifieds. The value of conning is up to the individual. I have 3 rifles that I've conned, I'm happy that I did it.

p.s. I don't mean for this to become a topic of conning, just offering an explanation why the barrel and photo's look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back