• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.54 Cal TC Renegade STOCK 1:48 Twist Accuracy Test

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! S, you don't patch those? How many grains BP on the .54 at 100 are you shooting?

No patching these, They are a Lube Bullet, I use Bullshop NASA Lube that i modify to my liking.

Powder Charge is 80 Grains by Weight, which equates to the Same in Volume in my Testing, I just to prefer to weigh my Charges by weight for precision

They weigh 500 Grains Cast of PURE Lead
yZU5rQC.jpg

What are you using for bullet lube?

SPG? Lyman Black Powder Gold? Borebutter?

Great stuff! I have the same rifle, the stock sight aren’t working for me. I have to try a peep/globe set up like you have!

It‘s a NIGHT & DAY Difference. The problem with a Peep and especially a Globe front sight is lighting, They are a POOR choice for Low light, Good lighting and conditions are a Must. There is nothing better for Target, and nothing worse for Low light. I never recommend them for Hunting

It‘s a NIGHT & DAY Difference. The problem with a Peep and especially a Globe front sight is lighting, They are a POOR choice for Low light, Good lighting and conditions are a Must. There is nothing better for Target, and nothing worse for Low light. I never recommend them for Hunting
Lewis,,I’m fitting a Lyman MJT 20 to one of my barrels, I’m just waiting on the Shaver insert card. The thing is freaking HUGE!! Hopefully that gigantic tunnel helps let in enough light to make it a useful hunting sight.

also, I spied these on Amazon… got the wheels turning now.

17DB8D18-EBB6-4313-961B-806885A61F80.jpeg
FC42FBFA-E5BD-4844-AF42-D638C331F0FD.jpeg

Back