• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 Cal TC Renegade 1:48 Twist, Patched Roundball Accuracy Test

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

40 Cal
Reaction score
I accuracy tested some Patched Roundball this morning in my Old STOCK 1:48 Twist .54 Cal TC Renegade, She did awesome đź‘Ť These Old Stock 48 Twist Rifles are VERY Capable, they just need the Right components, and a Capable Shooter

The Video

My same 60 Yard Spot

bDNmG8O.jpg

First 3 Shot Group, 80 Grains of Swiss 2F Powder, .530 Balls i cast from one of my Old RCBS Molds, My Home Cut .020 Pocket Drill Patches, And an Over Powder Patch

tdXljoi.jpg

My last 3 Shot Group, This was a NO GO :) Same 80 Grains of Swiss 2F, Same .530 Balls, This time i used STORE BOUGHT .015 Ox-Yoke Patches, They were nice to Load, But accuracy was no good, at least for me. It is amazing how much difference there is in accuracy here, Little things can mean a LOT

eVWfcwD.jpg

Great video, I'm a little puzzled about the over powder patch, how is it now wadded up when you seat the prb. What am I missing here? In your video it looks like they wrapped around the second patch. Hope this makes sense.
Great shooting as always.

I accuracy tested some Patched Roundball this morning in my Old STOCK 1:48 Twist .54 Cal TC Renegade, She did awesome đź‘Ť These Old Stock 48 Twist Rifles are VERY Capable, they just need the Right components, and a Capable Shooter

The Video

My same 60 Yard Spot

bDNmG8O.jpg

First 3 Shot Group, 80 Grains of Swiss 2F Powder, .530 Balls i cast from one of my Old RCBS Molds, My Home Cut .020 Pocket Drill Patches, And an Over Powder Patch

tdXljoi.jpg

My last 3 Shot Group, This was a NO GO :) Same 80 Grains of Swiss 2F, Same .530 Balls, This time i used STORE BOUGHT .015 Ox-Yoke Patches, They were nice to Load, But accuracy was no good, at least for me. It is amazing how much difference there is in accuracy here, Little things can mean a LOT

eVWfcwD.jpg

Outstanding write up and pics, thank you.

The Video

My same 60 Yard Spot

bDNmG8O.jpg

tdXljoi.jpg

eVWfcwD.jpg

Outstanding write up and documentation.
I am in Clark Fork area, similar background.

That’s great!

Perhaps, we will meet some time. I am relatively new to the BP, but I am casting my own ball and mini and shooting regularly, with the goal to eventually shoot as well as you.
( Big goal! )

We have a 25 acre fruit farm in the area, with a basic 100 yard shooting range set up, so it makes practice easier.

“Idaholewis
First 3 Shot Group, 80 Grains of Swiss 2F Powder, .530 Balls i cast from one of my Old RCBS Molds, My Home Cut .020 Pocket Drill Patches, And an Over Powder Patch”

I was gonna sell one of my tc hawkens until I started watching your cool videos.
You mentioned an 1/8” over powder feltwad in one.
All I found is those prelubed oxyoke deals.
Do you cut your own?
Thanx, keep shooting!!

Latest posts

Back