• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

54 CAL. LYMAN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICKYD

36 Cal.
Reaction score
LONG STORY SHORT, A BUDDY OF MINE WHO WENT W/ ME THE OTHER DAY SHOOTING MY BP GUN, HE CAME BY OFFICE JUST NOW WITH A LIKE NEW LYMAN 54 CAL. PERCUSSION CAP RIFLE,NOT A SCRATCH ON IT, HE BOUGHT AT THE PAWN SHOP. HE GOT THE GUY DOWN TO $165.00... THE BARREL IS A LITTLE CHAULKY ON THE INSIDE BUT NOTHING A GOOD CLEANING WON'T FIX.
GUESS WHERE I'M GOING AFTER WORK TODAY??? :wink:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ARE YOU GOING OUT TO SEE A MOVIE??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's probably to late to go to the pawn shop now. You might as well take the wife (if you got one) out to dinner and a movie.
Next week you can start checking the pawnshops on a regular schedule. Glad your buddy got a good deal and you got a new shooter at the same time.
Fox :thumbsup:

well reporting in,
it didn't take but a good cleaning and a few miner adjustments on the back sight and in a couple of shots,we had it shooting a pattern size the top of an RC can(actually it was a keystone light can) at 100 yrds. using 90 grains of pyrodex rs.his shootin bag was a brown paper sack :rotf: (we got to work on that next) the boy is hooked for sure now. so we'll be having new member soon.

Way to go Ricky. That is the best thing you can do for a friend, to get him hooked on BP shooting. It's more addictive than the most powerful drug, so keep him shooting and let him read this forum. That is sure to keep him involved with BP.

update,, my buddy is ready to sell off all the rest of his arsenal now :) .. we went and shot yesterday, thats a purty good gun he's got. shot about 4 times at 50 yrds. absolutely dead on just stacked 'em , could of covered the pattern with a quarter. moved out to 100+ yrds. and busted all the rocks off the back slope of the ridge we were shooting into.

Back