• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 54 cal. Great plains custom.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrywh

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Lyman great plains 54 cal percussion. Includes an elk skin sleeve and a brass ram rod plus a spare hickory ram rod. This gun has been mine for over 10 years and I bought it new. I don't like coil spring locks so I replaced the original lock with an L&R. I also shortened the pull to 13 1/2" and coned the barrel. This barrel has a long cone and in case you might be worried about the accuracy I have won at least a dozen 1st place trail shoots wit h this gun and skilled a couple of deer. I fitted it with a Lyman tang peep sight suitable for old men. I can still shoot a 2" to 3" from the bench at 100 yds with this gun but can't carry it anymore.
$500.00 for the sleeve and all plus $25.00 shipping. to lower states. NO Trades

Attachments

• gpr-lock-side.jpg
    gpr-lock-side.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 421
  • lgp-sheek-side.jpg
    lgp-sheek-side.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 435
  • P1030777.jpg
    P1030777.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 386
Status