• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED .54 Cal Great Plains Bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I had enough of these to last me... but you guys know how that goes. Does anyone have some sitting around gathering dust? Best to all! Bill

Are these the Hornady version? I thought I had a deal lined up with a member on that topic last summer but he (is "lied" a word allowed on here?) and sold me Hornady balls instead. He said he was in his 70's, maybe it was dementia....or maybe he was just a crook. At least I got the balls.

Yes, these are Hornady .54 caliber Great Plains hollow point bullets weighing 425 grains. They come in a red plastic box and the bullets sit in a styrofoam holder.

Ya, that's what I thought I was buying....but after he cashed the check, the seller sent me .54 caliber spheres after messages, forum post replies, two phone calls, and a very specific letter (with check attached to it) about Hornady Great Plains bullets (425 grains, 15 to a red plastic box with styrofoam insert).

Hopefully the member you are dealing with knows the difference.

Yes, these are Hornady .54 caliber Great Plains hollow point bullets weighing 425 grains. They come in a red plastic box and the bullets sit in a styrofoam holder.
Another member weighed in on this conversation but I would like to move forward if you still have any available. Thanks! Bill

I just acquired one of Cowboy's .54 caliber Hawkens and am searching for the Great Plains bullets as well. If anyone has any I would appreciate the opportunity to buy some. I'll also research casting my own. Offhand, is there a mold made for these bullets? Thanks for any assistance.

This is BillRob's wanted advertisement. It is not the place for others to join in and start asking about buying the items BillRob wants to buy.

If you want something similar, I suggest you make your own wanted ad. Also, this is the Classified ad section. Discussions about things other than talking about the specific item being wanted or sold are out of place here.

Back