• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED .54 Cal Flintlock Muzzle Loader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Robeson

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a 25 year old engineer who has been an avid shooter of long range rifles and pistols for some time now.

I recently had a great experience with a local muzzle loading community and am looking for a flintlock rifle that I can have fun shooting, and also hunt with, primarily for deer.

I am located in upstate NY, and was hoping someone wanted to part with a .54 caliber flint lock rifle. I am willing to spend up to $800 on a used firearm, and I like half stock rifles with no brass parts on the stock.

I am currently trying to find a Lyman Great Plains Hunter Signature Series Flintlock Rifle .54 Cal. But they are apparently very hard to get right now haha.

Let me know if anyone has one or has something similar they would like to part with.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I am a 25 year old engineer who has been an avid shooter of long range rifles and pistols for some time now.

I recently had a great experience with a local muzzle loading community and am looking for a flintlock rifle that I can have fun shooting, and also hunt with, primarily for deer.

I am located in upstate NY, and was hoping someone wanted to part with a .54 caliber flint lock rifle. I am willing to spend up to $800 on a used firearm, and I like half stock rifles with no brass parts on the stock.

I am currently trying to find a Lyman Great Plains Hunter Signature Series Flintlock Rifle .54 Cal. But they are apparently very hard to get right now haha.

Let me know if anyone has one or has something similar they would like to part with.

Thanks!
I have one I have been thinking of selling it has a fiber optic front sight, and I put a Lyman tang peep on it. 54 cal flintlock.

Pm sent from CNY
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Sir. did you find a muzzleloader?

FYI. I’m in pa but have a camp in southern Ny u could possibly look at gun before purchase

I am still looking around for one! but have had a few offers, it's a lot of information to take in!
Here is what I have. It does have brass decor. A CVA Hawken with 2 barrels a 50 and 54 cal, both barrels have original front and rear sights and are interchangeable. This was a percussion rifle both barrels have been converted into a flintlock. It has an aftermarket L&R lock. {$ 220}
It also has the original CVA lock, nipples, and flash cups to convert back to percussion, if one so desires.
I bought this years ago from the original owner. I believe it was a kit. I converted it from percussion to flintlock and it works fine. Age and health have now dictated that the herd be thinned out. $ 575 plus shipping
Rod in Deadwood SD
605 578 1057

Here’s some photos.

Attachments

• B629661E-4641-487E-A30F-A87358357765.jpeg
    B629661E-4641-487E-A30F-A87358357765.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 62D6B128-A4B7-42D5-931B-E3F8226CF329.jpeg
    62D6B128-A4B7-42D5-931B-E3F8226CF329.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 23B30BEA-0BEE-4FE9-87ED-84FF754DDD10.jpeg
    23B30BEA-0BEE-4FE9-87ED-84FF754DDD10.jpeg