• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD .54/28 gauge Smooth rifle $1500

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale is a .54 caliber "Smoothrifle" I built about a year ago. This is a really fine shooting gun and I've killed a lot of stuff with it. Probably gonna regret selling this one but I have rifles and fowlers so don't really need a "do it all" type gun such as this.

Rifle has a 44" swamped B weight full octagon Colerain barrel.
Chambers large siler lock. this is an early lock built like the Bud Siler locks. It takes smaller flints than most siler locks nowadays but I do believe it is faster. Smooth lock and a great sparker.
Fancy curly sugar maple stock.
Iron hardware, both the sideplate and "washer" on the patchbox are damascus steel. Single trigger. Trigger is crisp and around 3 pounds
Chambers White lightnin' touch hole liner
I've been shooting and hunting with this gun for a year so has a few dings and scratches....nothing big

Gun weighs 7 3/4#s
Pull length is 13 5/8"

Zero issues with the gun except my patchbox route is ugly....I had to do a double row with the biggest forstner bit I had to get the size I wanted.
The jag screws onto the ramrod for loading shot loads.

The shot target was shot at 23 yards with 60 grs 3F Goex, two overshot cards then one lubed felt over powder. 70 grains of #4 shot then one overshot card.
The roundball target is 6 shots and was shot at 50 yards off shooting sticks. with 80 grains of 3F, .530 bare ball with one overshot card. The flyer high and right was me trying it with no overshot card.

I've killed 2 deer with this gun with a patched ball. The patched ball loads take a .520 ball, one overshot card and a 10 thousandths patch

Price is $1800 shipped. Payment by discreet paypal friends or a postal money order

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
TTT for $1500 shipped. Also, you can click the pics then click again and they really zoom in so you can see small details.

more pics....

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 007.JPG