• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

500 Yards, Stock 1:48 Twist TC Renegade .50 Cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like his coat šŸ˜

Dunno if youā€™ve watched that movie. The Princess Bride. Our kids loved it and so did theirs and now we have great grandchildren loving it too. Cute movie and youā€™ll appreciate that whenever American filmmakers portray a fictional country back in time, the characters all speak in British accents. Poorly. But thatā€™s part of the funā€¦ anyhooā€¦ sorry folks for the thread drift.

As you were.

First of all, is there a reason we canā€™t ā€œpersonal messageā€ someone? Or is that a settingā€¦.

slightly off topicā€¦Idaholewis, did you once have a video on the proper way to use peep sights?

Makes me happy to know my Renegades are capable of accurately shooting small groups at 150yards. I just need a bit of practice to do that.

Read this entire threadā€¦. I didnā€™t think 500 yards was not capable of the Renegadeā€¦always has to be the haters.

I was very skeptical of 1000 yard shooting with a unmentionable handgun- until it was done by a Very ,very well known indavidual. So I say donā€™t knock it till you research it.

IdahoLewisā€¦.. Thank you for your time

I feel confident with my Renegades, Cap and Flinter.

Last edited:
Sorry off topic here, I would send a private message if I couldā€¦but what do YOU use for patch lube?
I wish everyone would share their lube's along with ingredients. It is like a "Cast System" secret that has negatively impacted the amount of black powder shooters today. My first job: one mand and two sons in their home building business: never taught me anything further than "laborer" skills. I actually heard the dad tell his sons at various times, "Do not teach him that"!

Makes me happy to know my Renegades are capable of accurately shooting small groups at 150yards. I just need a bit of practice to do that.

Read this entire threadā€¦. I didnā€™t think 500 yards was not capable of the Renegadeā€¦always has to be the haters.

I was very skeptical of 1000 yard shooting with a unmentionable handgun- until it was done by a Very ,very well known indavidual. So I say donā€™t knock it till you research it.

IdahoLewisā€¦.. Thank you for your time

I feel confident with my Renegades, Cap and Flinter.

Many folks feel that if they canā€™t do it, it canā€™t be done. And theyā€™ll fight with you to prove theyā€™re ā€œrightā€ā€¦

I wish everyone would share their lube's along with ingredients. It is like a "Cast System" secret that has negatively impacted the amount of black powder shooters today. My first job: one mand and two sons in their home building business: never taught me anything further than "laborer" skills. I actually heard the dad tell his sons at various times, "Do not teach him that"!
Great question by the way. Now, for the long time forum denizensā€¦ remember, no hair pulling, eye gouging, ear biting or punches below the beltā€¦ moot point anyway, most of your pet recipes are probably wrongā€¦ šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜…šŸ¤—

Youā€™ll not hear that from @Idaholewis or @Idaho Ron. I use a modified lube Steve Garbeā€™s SPG with 2.5 oz. Stihl HP synthetic lube added to a pound.

Last edited:
Soā€¦ you donā€™t believe 1000 yard unmentionable Handgun shot is possible either? Ya Jerry has a reputation he Dosnt care about. Probably edited fake video.

And member CapandBall here on the forum must have fake videos alsoā€¦.

Ok
I believe they may take 50 shots miss 49 hit once and film that. I believe in Reagans slogan....trust but verify. once I had access to a farm where 800 yd shots could be taken with unmentionables. at the gun store there were braggarts who said they could make hits at 1000 yds or more. brought them to the farm and 90% could not even hit the 4x8 plywood the target was on. many got mad and left never talked to me again after me and my freind made hits 60% of the time

Operating for over 25 Year in the Tree industry/ Many of climbers said they can do the work at over 100ā€™ up there. Many couldnā€™t get 10ā€™ without shaking, Yep wouldnā€™t hire them. Yet every now and then 2 or 3 guys were exceptional and amazing. We have interview videos, Theyd get edited.

So, Just like that- Iā€™ll have faith. Iā€™m Sure IdahoLewis, Jerry Miculek, Member Capandball have the accurate videos-not smoke and mirrors, regardless of Your opinion. I think your one of them, ā€œShaking at 10ā€™ kinda guysā€. Maybeā€¦. Iā€™m wrong?
I believe they may take 50 shots miss 49 hit once and film that. I believe in Reagans slogan....trust but verify. once I had access to a farm where 800 yd shots could be taken with unmentionables. at the gun store there were braggarts who said they could make hits at 1000 yds or more. brought them to the farm and 90% could not even hit the 4x8 plywood the target was on. many got mad and left never talked to me again after me and my freind made hits 60% of the time

Last edited:
This is the one mile black powder range built by Kenny Wasserburger north of Lusk Wyoming. We shoot it with unmentionable black powder type guns but see no reason a properly outfitted and loaded muzzleloader could not do the same. Kenny is the guy second from the right with the red suspenders. I'm that good looking fellow left of the bullšŸ¤Ø

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Motley Crew.jpg
    Motley Crew.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 67
Must be Photo Shopped, thatā€™s not real to shoot that far!

Haha Just kidding around. My Sharps was Impressive to say the least.

Itā€™s amazing, You shoot, then look at the spotting scope for about a min. Very cool!
This is the one mile black powder range built by Kenny Wasserburger north of Lusk Wyoming. We shoot it with unmentionable black powder type guns but see no reason a properly outfitted and loaded muzzleloader could not do the same. Kenny is the guy second from the right with the red suspenders. I'm that good looking fellow left of the bullšŸ¤Ø

Last edited:
Now SPQR70AD, you practice on that target. Of course, you are likely to hit it. That's cheating, isn't it? :thumb:

Operating for over 25 Year in the Tree industry/ Many of climbers said they can do the work at over 100ā€™ up there. Many couldnā€™t get 10ā€™ without shaking, Yep wouldnā€™t hire them. Yet every now and then 2 or 3 guys were exceptional and amazing. We have interview videos, Theyd get edited.

So, Just like that- Iā€™ll have faith. Iā€™m Sure IdahoLewis, Jerry Miculek, Member Capandball have the accurate videos-not smoke and mirrors, regardless of Your opinion. I think your one of them, ā€œShaking at 10ā€™ kinda guysā€. Maybeā€¦. Iā€™m wrong?
In essence, @SPQR70AD is saying he can make the hits at 800 yards and we should believe it when he tells us. Lewis and others, not so much. Got it.

You should have quit the first time you heard that and got over to a carpenters union for an apprenticeship.

That said, I have had good results with Lyman Black Powder Gold lubricant for cast bullets in my BP cartridge handloads. I use Borebutter for patch lube and for T/C Maxi-Balls with ok results.

Back