• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE .50 Maxi Balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpooh6

32 Cal
Reaction score
Eightyfour .50 Maxiballs in varying forms...First pic is 20 in sealed box....wouldn't count on the lube being pliable....Asking $80 shipped or would trade for .350 or .530 Hornady balls of equal value-we each pay our own shipping...

Thanks

Jeff

SORRY-SAW I WAS IN WRONG FORUM BUT COULDN'T FIND DELETE

Attachments

• IMG_7887.jpg
    IMG_7887.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7886.jpg
    IMG_7886.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7885.jpg
    IMG_7885.jpg
  • IMG_7883.jpg
    IMG_7883.jpg
  • IMG_7882.jpg
    IMG_7882.jpg
Last edited:
How. Never expected that answer. I thought, more accurate, more velocity, more recoil, more dependable. On the down side, more expensive, more bother, more stuff to carry. I was looking for what I didn't expect. The little hidden knowledge that usually surprises one whose uninformed. Sounds like you're telling me, You'll have to find out on your own. Hey, that's okay. I'm in no hurry. Thanks, Steve

How. Never expected that answer. I thought, more accurate, more velocity, more recoil, more dependable. On the down side, more expensive, more bother, more stuff to carry. I was looking for what I didn't expect. The little hidden knowledge that usually surprises one whose uninformed. Sounds like you're telling me, You'll have to find out on your own. Hey, that's okay. I'm in no hurry. Thanks, Steve
Maxi's offer a higher weight bullet for hunting. They stabilize better out of a faster twist barrel like a 1-48 twist that was common on TC rifles. you due have to put a lube type filler in the lands/grooves of the bullet to lube and seal them up. Some guys love them some guys prefer round balls for hunting. Recoil is slightly higher and speed of flight is reduced unless powder charge is raised. However to much powder can cause maxi to be unstable as well. They do hit like a hammer though. Hopefully this helps.

Thank you. Is there an argument about which lubricant is best? Some of them are pre-lubed, correct? Is there additional lubing necessary? Some ads say the lube drys out, when that happens does the old need to be removed or added to? Are you no longer using this type bullet and have found something new better? Listen, not trying to be a pain here just looking for answers that satisfy the question, should I invest in these and if yes, why? Thanks for your patience, Steve

Latest posts

Back