• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.50 CVA pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get to shoot it this weekend. Too many chores and I'm a bit lazy about what time I roll out of bed on my Sunday morning!

The plan is to meet up wit ha fellow forum member next Sunday and get her firing good! (Will also bring my tried and true Traditions Hawkin .50 rifle as well!)

Smokey Plainsman said:
They need a belt hook.
My son already is asking about that LOL!! He wants me to put one on it so he can "carry it like they did in the old day"

Sadly, we didnt get to go shoot it this weekend. Stuff happened..

Had a friend who worked very hard his entire life as a forklift driver in a warehouse. He had short bucket list of relatively simple things he wanted to do. Nothing was extravagant or exotic. In fact the four items were pretty mundane. He came down with cancer his last year on the job. I wrote his will shortly after his diagnosis. We talked briefly about his bucket list and I urged him to go do those things. Two of the things were so simple, I was surprised he hadn't already done those. He mournfully replied, that "Life got in the way." He worked up to the point where his accumulated sick leave would coast him through to his retirement date. Comes spring, there was a weekend rondy he always attended, but was too sick, so we arranged for some of his buckskinner friends to come and spend the weekend in his yard for a last rondy for him. He and his wife's 35 th anniversary was to be his last day before retirement. He asked me to pick up a gift and flowers for his wife, if he couldn't. That day he was very sick and could barely move, so I got a gift and flowers for him to give her. The next day, the first of his retirement, he died. Whenever there is something I consider doing and upon second thought, postpone it, his words come back to haunt me. Life gets in the way.

:( I'm learnin. When I first started my business (on my own) I would race like a dog upstairs to the "office" to catch a phone call before it went to voice mail. Lasted like 10 years? Then one day it rang and the wife looked up as I continued to eat my lunch with a weird look. Voice mail will get it I said. I used to "baby" my best clients. Lasted about 15-20 years till I learned they dont care, you baby em, cut invoice, give em discounts and next thing ya know they are using yer competition and happily paying more. I stopped that too and raised my rates.

Soooo if ya can possibly get away with blowing "life" off get them boys and head to the range. Whatever ya have to do will be there for ya 20 years from now.....the boys? They wont.
But remember they will be watching and when yer grand kids (I am still waiting) wanna go to the creek, or range or what have you, yer boys will ether let life get in the way :doh: or go fishing :grin:

Back