• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD .50 CVA Mountain Rifle w/Douglas Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saved the best for last. I've been out of the Game for a while and decided to liquidate some stuff collected over the years. Age and hard living done me in. I know what I have, I just don't know the value of it anymore, the market has changed so much over the past ten years. I want to put these up for sale but haven't a clue as to the asking price Please abstain from stupid comments as all I'm asking for is honest opinions and offers.

This is a CVA .50 mountain rifle with the douglas barrel. Yes, it has "Made in USA" on it, along with the four screw patch box. It is in very fine condition as the pictures illustrate. I don't know what they're running anymore so will entertain any reasonable offers.

So if it says "Made in USA" is it a Douglas barrel? I have one and will have to get it out and look at it. Thanks!

All of this information now has me wanting ask a question. I have a CVA Mountain Rifle barrel, 54cal flintlock, that doesn't say MADE IN USA, and it doesn't say MADE IN SPAIN. It doesn't say anything about where it was made, it
does have a low number on it. See the photos and please respond if you have any knowledge of it's origin.

Thanks, Tommy.

Attachments

• P1030867.JPG
    P1030867.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 136
  • P1030868.JPG
    P1030868.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 136
  • P1030869.JPG
    P1030869.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 121
All of this information now has me wanting ask a question. I have a CVA Mountain Rifle barrel, 54cal flintlock, that doesn't say MADE IN USA, and it doesn't say MADE IN SPAIN. It doesn't say anything about where it was made, it
does have a low number on it. See the photos and please respond if you have any knowledge of it's origin.

Thanks, Tommy.
I have one of these in percussion with a 1/66 twist. I was told that CVA bought barrels between "Made in USA" and "Made in Spain" from makers without markings and they were more common for the "Big Bore" rifles. I believe that a member "Zonie" has a lot of info on these rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back