• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

50 cal molding block

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamperkk

40 Cal
Reaction score
i have a 50 cal block with the numbers 386 and there is no name who makes it,,, lyman, lee or thompson center,,,no name,,,can ya'll tell me who makes these blocks?

Attachments

• IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1018.JPG
    IMG_1018.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 85
I have quite a few myself T/C. The number was to keep to two have correctly together. Don't know why they didn't put their name on them but I have seen them still in the package that way. If they were RCBS they wouldn't fit Lyman handles. Doesn't much matter who made them, use and enjoy.

Interesting. I have a few T/C molds and bought them maybe 20 years ago. But they are aluminum! That's why I thought it was interesting.

Those pics and especially the shape of the sprue cutter/sprue plate tell me it was made by someone other than T/C. That someone may have been Ohaus or perhaps Green Mountain, as I had a NIB .50cal. (not .490") that came in a Green Mountain box. Except for the "as cast" RB diameter, it was identical to the one pictured. Two other possibilities: Ohaus may have also made Green Mountain moulds or it was made by Shiloh. I'm not an expert on Lyman moulds, but theirs are usually "iron" rather than anodized aluminum and their sprue plates are differently shaped...but I could be wrong. I.e., they may have contracted with T/C for a run of moulds.

These molds are aluminum. All TC molds were. All mine are.

ADK Bigfoot
right this is aluminum, just a different color, but i found out that it is a t/c mold,,i started shooting t/c 50 cal muzzleloaders around 1975 or somewhere are that time

Back