• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 50 Cal Hawken with Green Mountain BBL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Hawkeye

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This rifle started life as an Investarm Hawken. I changed the barrel to a 32" Green Mountain with a 1 in 66" twist and installed a Skinner rear peep sight about 2 years ago. Shot it maybe ten times to get in on paper, but never worked up a preferred load. My interest has changed to 58 Cal Civil War type rifles, so it has sat in my safe. It deserves a good home where it can be shot & fondled. The rifle is in near perfect condition in all aspects. The Green Mountain barrel is as good as it gets, IMHO & the bore is literally new. Serious buyers can PM me for more pics or questions. Would consider in trade for a J. P. Murray, Cook & Brothers, or 1861 Enfield carbine. Price is $600 shipped to your door in a hard case.

Hawken 5.jpgHawken 1.jpgHawken 3.jpgHawken 4.jpg

Last edited:
This rifle started life as an Investarm Hawken. I changed the barrel to a 32" Green Mountain with a 1 in 66" twist and installed a Skinner rear peep sight about 2 years ago. Shot it maybe ten times to get in on paper, but never worked up a preferred load. My interest has changed to 58 Cal Civil War type rifles, so it has sat in my safe. It deserves a good home where it can be shot & fondled. The rifle is in near perfect condition in all aspects. The Green Mountain barrel is as good as it gets, IMHO & the bore is literally new. Serious buyers can PM me for more pics or questions. Would consider in trade for a J. P. Murray, Cook & Brothers, or 1861 Enfield carbine. Price is $600 shipped to your door in a hard case.

View attachment 194302View attachment 194303View attachment 194304View attachment 194305
That looks like Englich walnut.

That's a good price, I bought just the green mountain barrel a year ago for $600.
Considering the hard case & shipping will approach $100, I agree. Thought I'd give this forum a chance before I put it on another gun sale site.

Do you still have the original barrel?
No, I sold it just last Saturday after having been in my gun shop for two years. Another guy on this forum had a Want to Buy add here & we were only 80 miles apart & did a face to face meeting halfway.

Have you considered having a liner installed in your existing barrel? Cheaper than buying a whole barrel & you can pick your rifling.

Beautiful wood on that rifle!

How is the trigger pull?
It has double "set" triggers. The pull is a little heavy in the unset mode, but when "set" is a very nice hunting trigger. It is adjustable, so it can be tweeked to your liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back