• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

50 cal. CVA barrel repair.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which he may still find out upon re-assembly.
Thought I'd post a few pics of my barrel repair. Made sure my breech plug and barrel threads were still in good shape, Started my plug, went in first try, the screwed in my drum, went in first time.........done. Really had no problems putting it back together. Now I need to reblue the barrel and spruce the old girl back up. Think it would be a good starter for my oldest grandson. Thanks again to all who replied to my post.

Attachments

• 20210307_150922.jpg
    20210307_150922.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210307_151000.jpg
    20210307_151000.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 84
  • rytrte.jpg
    rytrte.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210307_150945.jpg
    20210307_150945.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 82
Been a while since I've been logged in. On my barrel repair. Tapped the hole out and put in a threaded set screw, put in flush with inside of barrel. Chased the threads on the barrel, and breech plug went in like a champ. Was really glad reassembly went as easy as it did. Still gonna post some pics of the repair. Once again thanks for all the replies and suggestions on how to fix my screw up.

Latest posts

Back