• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 50 Cal 370gr Maxi Ball Mould

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Even though it doesn't say Lyman on it I'm thinking it was made by them maybe for TC in the day. Could not find any reference to that mould number anywhere on the web. Got this from my fathers estate when he passed away though don't know why he had it because he never owned a 50 so don't know any other history on it. I have a couple 50's but only shoot round balls. It casts fine as you can see from the pictures. I didn't let the mould get quite hot enough so they aren't perfect but you get the idea. In pure lead it measures .54 at top and bottom 2 bands are .52. $50 + shipping.
20190307_204833.jpg
20190307_204849.jpg
20190307_204816.jpg

Well, is it a .50 or .54. Your header says .50 but your measurements say .54?

It is indeed made by Lyman and is a very high quality mold. Lyman made those for TC in the early '70's. They also made the early TC RB molds. TC's post Lyman molds were aluminum.

I have two of the Lyman production and they are probably the best steel molds I own.

Sorry I think I totally put the measurement down wrong. It's definitely a 50 caliber. Can't re-measure as we're moving and everything is packed away. I think it should probably be .502 and .504. Don't know much about maxi balls but I think it should be just over groove diameter. Can't believe I never caught that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back