• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

4f in rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Please pardon my not knowing, but is Britsmoothy no longer here on this forum?
He left because some jerks threats or actions regarding legalities of his use of muzzleloaders in England. Things are kinda vague with regard to details, but it was unfortunate to lose him, for sure. This is just what I deduced from the posts about it & in no way am I claiming to know what the true details are.

He left because some jerks threats or actions regarding legalities of his use of muzzleloaders in England. Things are kinda vague with regard to details, but it was unfortunate to lose him, for sure. This is just what I deduced from the posts about it & in no way am I claiming to know what the true details are.
He was being trolled and harassed by a member of this forum. This member was using his post content to go after him by informing government officials…garbage, truly garbage. What kind of a sick hollow person would do that to a fellow human being?

Last edited:
Well we love and enjoyed Britsmoothy. There is always some sicko out there who is not content
with others being happy. Fortunately here in America we have the 2nd Amendment. As for
4f powder, it is what was called fine grain (pistol) powder and is a fairly recent product as
BP history goes. We have gone round and round about it for years here on the forum. It is all
about burn rate and experimentation will tell you if it is suitable. Try working up some loads
starting light and see what you get. With BP being in spotty supply some people are using
4f because that is what they have or could buy. I think the 2f/3f range is best for rifles.
PS-muzzleloaders are allowed in England, the issue might be what quarry you can shoot.

He left because some jerks threats or actions regarding legalities of his use of muzzleloaders in England. Things are kinda vague with regard to details, but it was unfortunate , isto lose him, for sure. This is just what I deduced from the posts about it & in no way am I claiming to know what the true details are.
Losing Britsmoothy is a sad loss here on this forum! He brought forth knowledge and shared it willingly without judgment and also had his own humor.
Not to mention Britsmoothy was a longstanding member of this forum.
A sad loss.
I sincerely hope this malicious act does not impact Britsmoorhy too strongly on his home turf.
We all live (we gun owners, collectors, and shooters ) in oppressive communities, and don't need attacks like this.
I hope the person guilty of this act, is held accountable.

if i were Britsmoothy, i would do like a lot of Americas ancestors did, i would pack up and leave! and come here to a somewhat free country,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I agree he then could have lived his fantasy of living of the land .

blowing up your entire state
Please do....

The modern black powder barrel can be filled with powder, two balls and lit off.
No damage to barrel. Dixie Gun Works has/had the article in their catalog for decades.
You might blow the liner out, but your not hurting the barrel.

Please do....

The modern black powder barrel can be filled with powder, two balls and lit off.
No damage to barrel. Dixie Gun Works has/had the article in their catalog for decades.
You might blow the liner out, but your not hurting the barrel.
Maybe you should include a little more quote for context....

For those late to the conversation,,,, this tiny piece of a so called "quote" is from 3 pages ago and I was lampooning the ninnies who freak out every time this subject is brought up.

Back