• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45s?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just remembered that my wife’s buck that she shot a few years back was taken with a TC Seneca .45 caliber and a maxi ball or maxi hunter........I can’t remember which. Spine shot dropped it in its tracks at 15 yards.........

Attachments

• 8DD47CC3-5815-49C0-A034-D302E9C3FF0F.jpeg
    8DD47CC3-5815-49C0-A034-D302E9C3FF0F.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 51E3D6BE-5F86-417C-98BE-CEACEFE24FDF.jpeg
    51E3D6BE-5F86-417C-98BE-CEACEFE24FDF.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 83
My father started building BP rifles in the late 1950's. He made his last one shortly before his death in 2005. The vast majority were in .45. He considered it the best all around caliber. As a matter of fact, when I showed up with a .50 cal in my early 20's he asked if I was going to take up hunting elephants. I literally grew up with black powder and most of my rifles have been .45. It's economical in both powder and lead while producing reliable killing power. What more can you ask for? Walk into my den right now and you may notice that the one and only rifle is a flintlock built in the 1960's. It's a .45. You did good.
John

Attachments

• 20190831_171756.jpg
    20190831_171756.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 84
My father started building BP rifles in the late 1950's. He made his last one shortly before his death in 2005. The vast majority were in .45. He considered it the best all around caliber. As a matter of fact, when I showed up with a .50 cal in my early 20's he asked if I was going to take up hunting elephants. I literally grew up with black powder and most of my rifles have been .45. It's economical in both powder and lead while producing reliable killing power. What more can you ask for? Walk into my den right now and you may notice that the one and only rifle is a flintlock built in the 1960's. It's a .45. You did good.
John

John, good to hear you still have one of his rifles and appreciate it! I hope you have a younger family member who it can go to at a later time and will be also appreciated by them.

My daughters are both righties, but left eye dominate. The grandkids are a mix including one lefty. I'm a righty righty, but my one grandpa was a lefty.

Latest posts

Back