• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED .454 RB mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would like to find a reasonably priced .454 round ball mold. Would prefer a 2 cavity mold but would consider others. If anyone has one laying around that you're not using let me know. Thanks. Justin

I would like to find a reasonably priced .454 round ball mold. Would prefer a 2 cavity mold but would consider others. If anyone has one laying around that you're not using let me know. Thanks. Justin
I just bought a 2 cavity ball and bullet mold from Dixie Gun Works for 78.00 shipped.

Went to The Log Cabin to look to see what they had and found this:

2021 - DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND THIS YEAR MANY LEE & LYMAN BULLET MOLDS ARE OUT OF STOCK. WE HAVE SEVERAL ORDERS IN TO BOTH MANUFACTURERS BUT WAIT TIMES ARE LONG. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT REFLECT THE QUANTITIES ON HAND. PLEASE CONTACT US TO CHECK CURRENT STOCK.

@Wolfman0125 Thank you but i cant find the one you're talking about. Its a little more than I was wanting to spend but would like to see it if you have a link. Thanks
I don’t have the link but all I did was type .44 in search to find it. They are backlogged in shipping by a month. I also find molds on Ebay as well. It is a manure shoot as to the prices but Dixie is about as cheap as they come nowadays. They are getting scarce. I’m still trying to find a Johnston and Dow bullet mold. Also these brass molds are not perfect so these are good for plinking but not so much for match shooting.

B39B37F3-C087-46F3-BA1C-5890EB83F246.png

Justin:

Hold on. It will take me a day or two, but I will check my inventory to see if I have the mold you need. No gouging, I would like to help out if I can. But I gotta do some digging.

ADK Bigfoot

Justin:

Hold on. It will take me a day or two, but I will check my inventory to see if I have the mold you need. No gouging, I would like to help out if I can. But I gotta do some digging.

ADK Bigfoot
While your at it, I’m looking for a .44 cal Johnston and Dow mould if you happen to have one. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin:

ADK Bigfoot
Thank you! I'm almost out of .454 and now that I've been casting my own I refuse to buy store bought balls again if at all possible!

EMF also has those brass molds. It has a conical in it as well, though I have never shot either. Sadly the days of $28 Lee molds may be gone.

I actually ordered this one from Dixie Gun Works. But I’m looking for one that casts the true Johnston and Dow bullets.
69AE2DDF-5C4B-43EB-BF89-C971919C7800.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back