• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.452 RNL bullet in 1858 Remington?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do still have the empty box with the hand-sized hole punched in it, so the empty box continued on it's way about 20 lb lighter until I had to sign for it.....I'll never forget the post lady handing me a completely empty box with a huge hole in the side like it was nothing out of the ordinary
Wait...You signed for a damaged, empty box?

Wait...You signed for a damaged, empty box?
The box was laying on the counter, the thing popped up on the screen and I signed it , and she gives me the package which I now realize was an empty box. Refusing it would have just resulted in the empty box going back to the seller postage due so either way I was beat. It's not like I could have refused to sign and magically just got reimbursed

I immediately filed a Stolen / Lost package claim, even though it was insured for $150 , the lady basically told me the Postal Inspectors will not prioritize investigating this and it would take forever to reimburse the sender. If the guy ever did get paid, he never let me know.

The takeaway here is. Small, heavy packages are Postal thief magnets because they think it's silver , gold , coins, or a gun.

This is why , when I ship rifles I have sold, I always write "Lamp - Fragile- Glass" in an off attempt to maybe discourage a thief from checking for a gun.

Seems to me the bullet holding area at the front of chambers supplied by Pietta's need to be reamed up to groove diameter. Not the whole length of the chambers but just the their fronts, to depth of about 1 1/4 or 1 1/3 bullet diameters or so, and have a taper at the bottom of the increase in diameter. That way you'd load those short boat tail round noses (called round ball) just like always. The longer heavier flat base bullets could be sized down their full length to slip into the chambers and bottom out on the taper. Seating them would then be no different from loading round ball with beveled chamber mouths.

The box was laying on the counter, the thing popped up on the screen and I signed it , and she gives me the package which I now realize was an empty box. Refusing it would have just resulted in the empty box going back to the seller postage due so either way I was beat. It's not like I could have refused to sign and magically just got reimbursed

I immediately filed a Stolen / Lost package claim, even though it was insured for $150 , the lady basically told me the Postal Inspectors will not prioritize investigating this and it would take forever to reimburse the sender. If the guy ever did get paid, he never let me know.

The takeaway here is. Small, heavy packages are Postal thief magnets because they think it's silver , gold , coins, or a gun.

This is why , when I ship rifles I have sold, I always write "Lamp - Fragile- Glass" in an off attempt to maybe discourage a thief from checking for a gun.
You should leave feedback on GB… I just checked and didn’t see any negative feedback.

You should leave feedback on GB… I just checked and didn’t see any negative feedback.
I didn't bother with it, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that a thieving USPS employee screwed me , I just didn't like his attitude so I won't buy from him again

Also the last F feedback I gave on GunBroker, going back years, got erased by GB because they apparently take care of sketchy sellers that pay those Sellers Fees for 1000s of transactions over the years . So take GB feedback with a grain of salt.

I got my .452 Airgun pellets today.
Trying to make a "heel" with a sizer was a giant PITA so I'm just going to try them in my Uberti 1858 and hope to be able to use the big loading cutout to keep them centered then lever them in. Thank You Fordyce Beals for giving the Remington an enormous bullet port that is open on both sides.

Or I'll use my cylinder loader.

They will stay in the chamber mouth just enough to load, if you kind of press it in.

They won't fit "unheeled " into my Dragoon .

Trying to size just the heel with my .448 sizer will take all day and it is difficult to get them started into the sizer just enough to size down half the bullet.

Attachments

• 20220930_115119.jpg
    20220930_115119.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220930_115058.jpg
    20220930_115058.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back