• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North Carolina, thought about trying myself. Have enough tools
That’s a great idea. An EBay seller can provide a plug wrench sized for the T/C plug, a good barrel vise, bench vise on a solid bench and the advice of all those guys in the Builders Bench forum. I believe you could.

At that price, there's no "may" about it ………….. Someone ought to jump on that puppy like stink on a hog.
[/QUOTE

The outside looks pitted pretty bad. I haven't seen it yet but guess bore is worse

Attachments

• 8680EBC0-EA06-4038-A1DC-582779C31E0F.jpeg
    8680EBC0-EA06-4038-A1DC-582779C31E0F.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 42
Pre lubed patches will deteriorate over time. Ditch the pre lubed patches and get some 100% cotton patches that are 0.015 to 0.018 inch thick. This will be pillow ticking, cotton drill cloth, or mattress ticking. T/C shallow groove barrels benefit form a tight patch lubed just before loading. The patches can be square or roughly round. Hope you can get your rifle figured out.
You might try a felt wad over the powder ,insurance in case of patch failure . And not for nothing pick up your patch's ,check condition cause that very well could be the cause ,I have and had a bunch of TC renegades/Hawkens they all shot RB great (with an over powder wad/Ed

If he’s willing, I’ll send him 200 plus shipping today. Assuming the stock is not butchered somehow. Even if the barrel is roached, replacement, reline, or rebore are all cheap enough…

Back