• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED .45 Pedersoli Long Rifle - Thread closed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david58

Pilgrim, on a journey
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This is a rifle built from a kit in the mid-1980's.

At the beginning of the lockdown circus, I decided to de-farb the rifle a bit and see how it turned out. It turned out pretty good!

I rounded off the flats on the forestock, so the wood blended into the barrel a bit more rather than having a flat. Narrowed down the wrist a hair, did a bit of shaping here and there. Stripped, sanded, finished to deepen the color a bit and to highlight the figure that is there. Removed the browning, draw-filed the barrel, and did a "greying" of the metal that should continue to develop a nice patina.

Selling because I have a safe full, and just bought an SF Hawken and I need a spot in the safe for it. Also, it just doesn't fit me well (I need a very long LOP), and I am scratch-building a .40, so I am starting to own too many calibers (which would mean too many shooting bags and horns).

And it is a shooter! I am having some eye problems, and before I found out that changing glasses is going to help, I shot the displayed target. I was using a rest, just my left elbow on the bench, so not a sandbagged position - the sights MIGHT need a bit of a drift, but I am going to leave that to the purchaser - it might hit center for you (we all squinch our eye a bit different).

.45 cal (.440 ball)
41" barrel
13/16 across flats
13-1/2 Length of pull

Asking $550 plus shipping. Postal money order preferred, since there is no wait for a check to clear, but I will take a personal check. I do not utilize electronic means of payment.

David58
NM

Attachments

• IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3056.jpeg
    IMG_3056.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
More photos

Attachments