• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED .45 Caliber TC Hawken barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I bought one off of Gunbroker and had my first bad purchase. Always been so lucky with GB. Anyways I have got this barrel as nice as I can but still not sure it is a shooter.

I am looking for a good quality TC Hawken barrel in 45 caliber. Thank you.

SR1

Puzzling question. Is your barrel not "good quality"? Do you believe another TC barrel will be better quality than you present one? I have two TCs fitted with Douglas barrels which I believe are superior to TC factory barrels. BTW: Your phrase "not sure it is a shooter" is also puzzling. :dunno: Have you tried shooting it yet? If you have, what happens? We are here to help you but your questions need to be more specific.

Hey there SeaRun I have what you're looking for. An Early production Thompson Center 45cal barrel, that I just recently had freshened by Bobby Hoyt.
12 thousands deep 1/48 twist. I just shot it today, and it groups very well. The only reason I am thinking of selling it ,is I have a 45cal green mountain barrel too.
I would let either one go. PM me if your interested

Thanks guys! I just want a nice 45 barrel to hunt with.

I normally shoot center fires, rimfires and in line muzzleloaders. Been shooting my whole life so I’m not a newbie but know enough to know I don’t know much. This is the first barrel that I have owned that has rust in it and when you look down the barrel isn’t shiny and nice. There is also the issue of cleaning it. I have been cleaning it off and on for a month and I have yet to see a clean patch. It also grabs the jag/patch sometimes at the very end to the point where I have to have the wife engage in tug of war to get it out. I don’t really like that.

I have yet to shoot it and my concern is that I don’t have 100% confidence in it. I feel like it will be similar to the time I shot my very first rounds of my own reloads in the hunting rifle. It should be fine but…

So that is why I kind of want to just get someones nice neat and clean used barrel so I don’t have to worry whether something might go wrong.

Hope all this rambling makes sense,

SR1

So I bought one off of Gunbroker and had my first bad purchase. Always been so lucky with GB. Anyways I have got this barrel as nice as I can but still not sure it is a shooter.

I am looking for a good quality TC Hawken barrel in 45 caliber. Thank you.

SR1
I have a T/C Hawken rifle with, what appears to be an unfired 45 cal barrel. The stock had a couple of dings in it. Email me if interested. [email protected]

Back