• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .45 caliber Carolina Rifle-New,unfired and eager to hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just in time for hunting season. Newly made .45 caliber flintlock rifle featuring hypnotically curly maple full stock, Jim Chambers late Ketland lock with roller frizzen, 40" Rice swamped barrel, handmade sights, bright finished furniture, with German silver inlays, and double set triggers. The screw piercing the heart is a wood screw, since the lock only requires a single bolt. At under 6 pounds, the rifle can be carried comfortably for hours. I've shot many deer over the past 50 years, and with few exceptions have tagged them at first and last light. I've found a bright finished barrel offers the best sight picture in low light. $2,500.00 plus actual shipping costs. If interested,contact me at [email protected]
Short rifle right small.jpg

Short rifle left small.jpg

Lock detail small.jpg

Patchbox small.jpg

Cheekpiece small.jpg

Triggerguard small.jpg

Buckhorn small.jpg
Front sight of shorter rifle small.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. It actually holds better than it looks. It's remarkably light, and is a pleasure simply to sight. Whoever buys it, and actually shoots it will be delighted. It takes considerable self control not to test fire this rifle.

Just in time for hunting season. Newly made .45 caliber flintlock rifle featuring hypnotically curly maple full stock, Jim Chambers late Ketland lock with roller frizzen, 40" Rice swamped barrel, handmade sights, bright finished furniture, with German silver inlays, and double set triggers. The screw piercing the heart is a wood screw, since the lock only requires a single bolt. At under 6 pounds, the rifle can be carried comfortably for hours. I've shot many deer over the past 50 years, and with few exceptions have tagged them at first and last light. I've found a bright finished barrel offers the best sight picture in low light. $2,500.00 plus actual shipping costs. If interested,contact me at [email protected]
View attachment 13985
View attachment 13986
View attachment 13987
View attachment 13988
View attachment 13989
View attachment 13990
View attachment 13991 View attachment 13992
Very nice looking rifle. What is the length of pull? How wide is the notch in the rear sight?

Thank you very much. As I recall, it was a Type C fusil that pointed very well and had an interesting demonic thumbpiece. Spoke birdshot and roundball fluently.

The hole that appears in the frizzen screw is for insertion of a hardened steel rod to loosen and tighten the flint jaws. I don't like to carry a screwdriver in my hunting bag, and frankly don't like to change a flint with a screw driver while the lock is attached to the gun. The hole allows me to easily change a flint without removing the lock from the gun, and I don't have to worry about the screwdriver slipping and marring the stock.

Because this rifle is new, and unfired, I can't supply any load data. My wife drives tacks with her .45 caliber longrifle, and she shoots 46 grains of Goex 3F behind a .430 ball wrapped in a thin .010 greased patch. Loads easy. Shoots well. I'd think a comparable load would be a good starting point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back