• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .45 Cal Kentucky Flintlock Rifle Made in Italy NavyArms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue the vet

32 Cal
Reaction score
This is a rifle I purchased used in the late 90s at a gun show. It has never been fired by me. I had it displayed on a wall in my house 20 years ago. From what I can see inside the barrel it does not appear to have any rust. I ran a solvent soaked cleaning patch through the barrel and it came out light gray. Definitely no rust. The gun has been wrapped in flannel for over 20 years. I polished the brass with relative ease for the photos. I contacted Navyarms LLC to ask them if they had any information on this gun. This is what they wrote:
"It appears to be a replica of a Kentucky Flintlock rifle, these were sold by the original offices of Navy Arms Co in Ridgefield NJ and manufactured in Italy. Its not an original rifle only a firing replica. I would not have a value on the gun, that depends on the overall condition but should sell for at least $550 - $650 dollars and perhaps a bit more. Have a gunsmith to check it out and some times they will give you an approximately value. The only way I ID the rifle was looking at the older catalogs I have on file for that company. Navy Arms Company closed in 2001 after the death of the owner. This office is a second generation office and we do not sell black powder rifles or items."
I've tried to show the condition in the photos below as best I can. I would like $525 plus shipping. If the gun is not satisfactory to the purchaser, I will pay the return postage and refund the purchase price. I am moving out of the country for a few years and need to reduce my possessions. tempImagez4JwKJ.pngtempImage9QUcWF.png

Attachments

• tempImageyMUdEn.png
    tempImageyMUdEn.png
    685.5 KB · Views: 0
  • tempImage9swCGK.png
    tempImage9swCGK.png
    461.6 KB · Views: 0
  • tempImage60f5Ah.png
    tempImage60f5Ah.png
    717.8 KB · Views: 0
  • tempImageaZ31I0.png
    tempImageaZ31I0.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 0
  • tempImageHleIPB.png
    tempImageHleIPB.png
    737.7 KB · Views: 0
  • tempImageS0PxL3.png
    tempImageS0PxL3.png
    487.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
LOP is abbreviated for Length of Pull. LOP is the distance from the trigger to the middle of the buttplate. A short LOP works fine for a "Tween" or short statured person. A longer LOP might fit a taller person.
My best friend is 6'4", and I'm asking for him.
Thanks in advance.

LOP is abbreviated for Length of Pull. LOP is the distance from the trigger to the middle of the buttplate. A short LOP works fine for a "Tween" or short statured person. A longer LOP might fit a taller person.
My best friend is 6'4", and I'm asking for him.
Thanks in advance.
Ahh. Thank you. The LOP is 13.5 inches.

Back