• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 45 Cal Custom Plains Style Rifle, Curly Maple, German Silver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Muzzleloaders

Dave Puvogel
Reaction score
45 Cal Custom Plains Style Rifle built by me under the guidance of Mike Roby. Mike did the engraving. Barrel, tang, entry pipe, butt plate, toe plate, cap box, lock panel, escutcheon plates, and trigger guard all engraved. Poured pewter nose cap. German silver furniture. Barrel and lock makers are not marked. Curly maple stock. 8.8 lb, 4" drop at the heel, 32 3/4 x 15/16" barrel, 13 3/4" LOP, 48" OAL. I ran 9 rounds through it just to ensure everything works. Front sight needs to be filed down and tapped a bit as it shot a little low and to the left. Asking $1600 plus actual shipping.

#8 45 cal Plains.JPG
IMG_4219.JPG
IMG_4220.JPG
IMG_4221.JPG
IMG_4222.JPG
IMG_4223.JPG
IMG_4224.JPG
IMG_4225.JPG
IMG_4226.JPG

You guys did a great job, building that rifle. I don't see many new guns being built with German silver furniture. It looks great!

Can you tell us what kind of barrel and lock were used?

Thanks,

Notchy Bob

The barrel was new and standing in the corner of Bill Ruger's grandson's gun shop. No marks as stated in the description. Lock also has no markings. I can pull it and take a pic.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back