• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.40's Kibler build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forty_caliber

40 Cal
Reaction score
I finished my Kibler build earlier this week. Earlier build photos are scattered in the "What did you do today" thread. I'd love to hear your thoughts and constructive criticism is welcome.

Here are the latest pictures:

IMG_0417.jpegIMG_0418.jpegIMG_0419.jpegIMG_0421.jpegIMG_0422.jpegIMG_0423.jpegIMG_0424.jpegIMG_0426.jpeg

:thumb: What finish did you use on the metal?

Oxpho Blue cream. It is available from Brownells or Amazon. Very durable and easy to use.
how much dose it weigh? how dose it balance? i have never saw a colonial of Jim's in a 40,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Forty_Caliber is my user name and I abbreviate it .40. The rifle is in .54 caliber. The rifle weighs in the neighborhood of 9 1/2 pounds. I find that the balance is near perfect. Holds steady and points very naturally.

Very nice! I haven't gotten a Kibler yet, but am a fan of them. I've mailed him with suggestion of doing a pistol some day, but I'm sure he's busy with the rifle production. Nice job, thank you.

Well done. I’m a wife’s approval away from getting a colonial. How’d you stain it? Iron nitrate? Tannic acid? LMF?

What grade wood is that?
I am guessing it is not a .40.
I paid and extra $100 for the next step from standard for the stock. I raised the whisker 3x between grades to 1000 grit sand paper. Bloomed two coats of Kibler's Iron Nitrate and 3 coats of Tried and True with 0000 steel wool between each.

I'm .40...it's a .54 :)

Really nice work! I also love the lines and details. Simple fine finish is always an attention getter.

Congratulations on a very fine rifle. How does she shoot?

Really nice work! I also love the lines and details. Simple fine finish is always an attention getter.

Congratulations on a very fine rifle. How does she shoot?

She has yet to puff any smoke. Hope to remedy that this afternoon. If I can get my photographer (Mrs. Boss) to come with me, I'll post some action shots.

Back