• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

.40ish single barreled, Half stock shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a .40 cal smoothbore. I got it way back circa 1966 or thereabouts too. Mine was made in Brazil. I got it at the LGS at the time. I used it quite a bit at the time. But I stopped using it when I was in the military in the 1970s. After getting out I only used it sporatically. I do not know if DGW imported and or sold it though. I dug out some photos of mine.I still have it. It was my very first muzzleloader too. It looks like Firearms International imported it. I had very little sportsmanship when I hunted with it. I ambushed the doves or quail on the ground and rabbits when I could. I wanted the meat at the time. I got quite a few birds and rabbits with it too. it is a fun gun to shoot.
That is interesting. I've only seen the Belgian and Spanish made little guys but never a South American Mfg. I have seen 2 pc full length stocks on the Spanish but never a pistol grip.

Thanks,
O.R.

When I bought the gun at the LGS the store owner said it was a trade gun sold to the Amazon natives for hunting. But hard to say if it was true or not. I didn’t really believe him at the time. But it would work for bagging birds or monkeys etc.

Back