• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

40 Caliber York Completed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on a .40 cal flinter just because of that. I really wanted a gun I could get round balls for at Cabela's.

The only issue with that is Cabelas charges $21/100 for 54 cal vs $11 at TOW. Which I just placed an order for 40's from TOW for $8.80/100 for 100 rounds and cancelled my midway order. Cheaper and still will get here faster.

The only issue with that is Cabelas charges $21/100 for 54 cal vs $11 at TOW. Which I just placed an order for 40's from TOW for $8.80/100 for 100 rounds and cancelled my midway order. Cheaper and still will get here faster.
Good to know.
Thanks
Neil

That my friend is a beauty. Well done. I like your style.

Just wish I could get off the fence and order my first real builders kit. I think I would have a blast doing one.

That is inspiring ... thanks for sharing her with us.

Thanks for the complements. Go for it, you will have a blast! I was in your shoes last year and have done 2 rifles since and they are right up there with the most fun and rewarding projects I've done...

You can get .40 balls from Track. I just ordered 200 and got them in three days delivered here to Texas.

Stunning rifle.
Took your advise, ordered from TOW today and it shipped today. The Midway order was ordered on the 22nd and shipping on the 30th, I will have it from TOW before they would have had it shipped and $8 cheaper.

Got my RB's from TOW yesterday, very fast shipping! And also had the chance to throw 10 down the pipe last night. What a pleasure that 40 is to shoot, very accurate right off the bat free hand, very fast lock and no recoil. I didn't expect much recoil but I figured there would be a little... No difference than a 22lr that I could tell. I am very pleased in the rifle and will do some serious paper work likely tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back